MakerBot is the world’s foremost producer of consumer and prosumer 3D printers. In addition to making awesome robots that can create almost anything, MakerBot runs the premier 3D printing community, Thingiverse, where users share their designs and projects. Thingiverse is more than just a repository for designs though, it is an open platform that allows developers to build on top of and invent new and amazing services. Also, our printers are Internet connected to an ecosystem of web services such as a cloud storage library and remote monitoring. We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to help run and improve our web platforms so we can provide the best, most user friendly, 3D printing experience. If you like to make things secure, efficient and automated, then we are just what you are looking for.
As a DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities are:
- Maintain current infrastructure
- Monitor services to maintain uptime
- Work with developers to help optimize the performance of our web services
- On call to troubleshoot problems and keep everything running
- Streamline processes using automation with scripting languages such as bash or python
- Plan ways to improve the infrastructure, and implement those plans
As a DevOps Engineer, you need 3+ years of experience in:
- Expert Linux server administration
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Specifically: EC2, S3, RDS, ElasticCache, VPC, ELB, IAM and ECS
- Top to bottom, from creating Dockerfiles to testing to deploying to production.
- Knowledge of AWS ECS or other container schedulers is very preferable.
- Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- SSL & TLS
- New Relic
- Windows PowerShell
- SOX Compliance
- PCI Compliance
- 3D printing experience (you’ll be surrounded by rows and rows of 3D printers all day that you can make stuff on all the time), or just love Making Things and sharing them.
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released a new product on January 4, 2016 - the Smart Extruder+. Read about it here: http://3dprint.com/113536/makerbot-smart-extruderplus/
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, recognition awards, and of course free snacks and ping-pong tournaments are a must at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is leading the Next Industrial Revolution by setting the standards in reliable and affordable desktop 3D printing. Founded in 2009, MakerBot sells desktop 3D printers to innovative and industry-leading customers worldwide, including engineers, architects, designers, educators and consumers. MakerBot has one of the largest installed bases and market shares in the desktop 3D printing industry, with more than 90,000 MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers in the world. The robust MakerBot 3D Ecosystem makes 3D printing easy and accessible for everyone. To learn more about MakerBot, visit makerbot.com.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Back to top