Associate Product Manager (Hardware)
MakerBot is looking for a detail-oriented Associate Product Manager to join our Product team located in Brooklyn, NY. The Associate Product Manager works closely with both product leadership and engineering teams to guide new products through the PLCM process. The ideal candidate will combine a strong hardware project management background with a desire to grow into a product management role.
- Develop and track schedules for large hardware engineering projects
- Estimate effort and task duration based on feature priorities and project risks
- Work with Engineering, Operations and Contract Manufacturers to track open issues and drive them to completion
- Own the BOM during design and development
- Manage and track tooled parts from design through to pre-production
- Coordinate prototype staging, builds and testing
- Work closely with the Product Manager to set product requirements, prioritize features and tasks, and direct engineering efforts accordingly
- Plan and coordinate work with Marketing, Sales, Customer Advocacy and other stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes ownership over his/her work
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects
- A B.S. in a technical field (preferably electrical, mechanical, or manufacturing engineering) from an accredited institution
- Experience with 3D printers
- Solidworks or AutoCAD experience
- Experience with JIRA or similar task tracking tools
- Experience with PLM/PDM systems like Arena
- Understanding of common manufacturing techniques
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Taylor and his team collaborate to conceptualize, prototype, develop, and test every aspect of new 3D printer technology before it’s released onto the world market.
Back to top