Social Media Monitoring Consultant
SOCIAL MEDIA MONITORING CONSULTANT
- Monitor MLS, SUM, soccer, world and pop culture news on social media channels and communicate key issues or opportunities as they arise.
- Manage and maintain the monitoring and analytics systems to track social media engagement with important news items.
- Create regular social media reports on days that consultant is scheduled to work. Reports will be provided to EVP of Communications by 10:00 AM ET and will be distributed to key stakeholders.
- Create and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of MLS news/announcements and select social media programs.
- Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of news/announcements and social media campaigns.
- Monitor MLS fan sentiment across social platforms, what conversations are taking place and how can that help better inform key stakeholders at MLS.
- Produce real-time alerts for EVP of Communications and other key stakeholders when key issues take place.
Key criteria for this individual include:
- Consultant will work from home the vast majority of the time.
- Strong news judgement.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand and tell a story with data.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Passionate about working in soccer and sports.
- Deep understanding of MLS and the North American soccer scene and knowledge of the global soccer community.
- Strong familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Vine, Periscope, tumblr, reddit, Snapchat, and blogs.
- Experience using digital/social media tools including but not limited to Crimson Hexagon, Shareablee, Hootsuite and Nielsen Social.
- Self-starter who works well both as an individual and within a team environment. Must be able to collaborate with various departments.
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule with availability to work nights and weekends with little or no notice.
- Attention to detail with a passion for flawless execution.
Note: Please submit a cover letter with your resume
Meet Some of Major League Soccer's Employees
Sr. Manager, Player Relations
Meghan works within the Player Relations and Competition Department, assisting all 22 clubs with roster and budget management while coordinating player-based initiatives with various partners, both domestic and international.
Back to top