Senior Manager, International Events
This position is responsible to lead several projects within the International Events Department, overseeing the planning and execution of the different initiatives. This position manages the Coordinator of International properties and the operational management of the participating teams in the events.
- Lead the planning, management, and execution of MLS/SUM Events, including CONCACAF Gold Cup, FMF US Tour, Liga MX JV Tournament, Campeon de Campeones and other assigned events.
- Serve as project lead between FMF/SUM on execution and planning of annual US Tour.
- Support development of standardize operating procedures for all internal departments around the execution of all assigned events.
- Manage the different properties budget and oversee the financial impact of the different projects
- Manage timelines and programming opportunities with internal stakeholders for all assigned events.
- Work with properties and other SUM functional areas to create and exploit additional revenue opportunities
- Manage hiring and onboarding process by interviewing, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Accomplish team results by communicating job expectations and managing the Performance Management process:
- Plan, monitor, and review performance;
- Coach and counsel employees;
- Develop and implement department procedures and productivity standards and reinforce Company policies
- Develop personal growth opportunities for assigned employees
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8+ years of experience working within a US based or international sports entity (league, Club, Federation) or agency
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the Spanish Language (business proficiency including spoken and written)
- Talent to build, maintain and expand business relationships
- Positive attitude against business challenges
- Understanding of financial and legal documents and terminology
- Ability to work with multiple departments
- Strong negotiating skills; both internal and external
- Strategic thinking and a 360° perspective for business
- Knowledge of International soccer and sports landscape
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Event management and promotion experience
- Multi-cultural perspective to conduct business in multiple environments
- Relationships within the sports and soccer markets in Mexico and Latin America
Meet Some of Major League Soccer's Employees
Sr. Manager, Player Relations
Meghan works within the Player Relations and Competition Department, assisting all 22 clubs with roster and budget management while coordinating player-based initiatives with various partners, both domestic and international.
Back to top