Sales Trainee, National Sales Center
The MLS National Sales Center is seeking positive and passionate individuals to enter an intensive and highly selective two-to-four month sales training program. The National Sales Center is a performance-based program which allows successful NSC Trainees the opportunity to interview for sales positions at MLS Clubs.
The NSC is a highly selective sales training program. It provides a one-of-kind learning environment and exposure to the fundamentals of MLS ticket selling. Trainees will have the opportunity to apply what they are learning to actual selling of season, group and mini plan ticket inventory for different MLS clubs during the program. In addition to the real life sales experience selling for MLS clubs, trainees will benefit from instructional feedback from audio and video analysis as well as innovative coaching from local improvisational theatre instructors. Each session will be three-to-four months long. At the conclusion of each month, those trainees completing designated performance criteria will have the opportunity to interview for sales positions at MLS clubs.
- Responsible for the sale of full season tickets and partial season ticket plans for various MLS clubs and participating partners.
- Expected to prospect and qualify all potential sales opportunities
- Maintain computerized records of all season ticket customers and prospects with our CRM system
- Reach call quotas established by Director of Sales
- Provide excellent customer service
- Meet or exceed project by project sales goals
- Attend weekly meetings and role-play sessions conducted by NSC Management
- Other duties as assigned by NSC Management
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Proficient in basic computer software programs.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to participate in entire 2 to 4-month program (evenings and weekend hours and possibly holidays)
- Open to learning
- Desire to be a soccer sales industry leader
- Ability to move to Blaine, MN on the National Sports Center Campus for 2 to 4 months
- Ability to relocate to an MLS Club immediately following the training session
For more information visit www.mlssoccer.com/nationalsalescenter
Meet Some of Major League Soccer's Employees
Sr. Manager, Player Relations
Meghan works within the Player Relations and Competition Department, assisting all 22 clubs with roster and budget management while coordinating player-based initiatives with various partners, both domestic and international.
Back to top