Director, Digital Products
The Director of Digital Products is a member of the MLS Digital team who is involved in product development from strategic inception to tactical execution. S/he must be passionate about creating a best-in-class multi-platform digital experience for soccer fans and learning about next generation technology and how fans want it delivered. MLS Digital creates cutting edge products and content for soccer fans across North America including websites, mobile applications, connected television applications, fantasy games, APIs and more.
Reporting to the VP of Digital Products, the Director of Digital Products is responsible for working hand-in-hand with product designers, engineers, business development, advertising partners and others to continually evaluate and evolve our platform and product offerings. S/he will be responsible for growing the MLS audience and their engagement with our digital products.
- Build both short-term and long-term strategic product plans that consider user needs, business needs and the broader competitive landscape.
- Define, debate, defend, iterate and communicate your product strategy with engineering, content, marketing, and the executive leadership team.
- Monitor and leverage data to drive strategy and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Work with internal and external tech resources to investigate new technical solutions or optimize existing ones to best deliver against this strategy.
- Partner with design to create the best user experience that balances user and business needs.
- Create and maintain best-in-class fan experiences by remaining up-to-date on current and emerging trends and technologies.
- Clearly communicate the progress and results of the team to the rest of the company.
- Help build, mentor, and manage a team of junior product managers and establish best practices within the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of direct experience in product management and development experience of designing, developing, and deploying web-based products using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Strong technical understanding of internet technologies and web based analytics.
- Proven ability to move products forward strategically and independently.
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven
- Demonstrated ability to take ideas from concept to execution
- Strong analytical skills, both with interpreting data and translating data into future strategy.
- Excellent project management skills - ability to lead major technical implementation projects, work with IT vendors/partners to execute on a technology roadmap with attention to detail and closure, and experience with budgeting.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- A tireless work ethic and contagious commitment to excellence.
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Meet Some of Major League Soccer's Employees
Sr. Manager, Player Relations
Meghan works within the Player Relations and Competition Department, assisting all 22 clubs with roster and budget management while coordinating player-based initiatives with various partners, both domestic and international.
Back to top