Analyst, Data Strategy & Analytics
The Analyst, Data Strategy & Analytics is responsible for prioritizing data and insights as a key strategic asset for building fan addressability and driving commercial value across the enterprise. The Analyst works with internal stakeholders, clubs and partners to facilitate the use of data and analysis to make informed operational decisions.
- Use advanced statistical analysis and modeling techniques to identify valuation, retention and customer value models
- Develop detailed Customer P&L and score model
- Assist in the development of strategy with fan engagement, sales, retention and relationship management
Strategically Analyze and Interpret Consumer Marketing Data:
- Process vast amounts of data into meaningful information
- Identify reporting and analytical needs to facilitate the use of data and analysis to make informed operational decisions
- Proactively research and define how the organization can better use data to drive business via best practices research
- Demonstrate creative thinking and bringing new ideas to the Data & Analytics team
- 1-3+ years’ experience in data analytics, data science, and/or business intelligence role
- Education in quantitative field with a deep understanding of experimental design and statistics (advanced degree preferred, but not required)
- Experience in building production level machine learning models including classification, regression, clustering, segmentation, etc.
- Extensive experience using SQL and statistical languages such as R, Python, SAS,SPSS etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, D3.js, ggplot2,matplotlib, etc
- Understanding of data engineering work including data warehousing and ETL processes a plus
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Shareablee, Crimson Hexagon, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter and other digital/Social analytic tools
- Interest and ability to keep pace with CRM, Social Media, Digital Media industry trends and developments and communicate key insights to executives and key stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience in MIS, quantitative reasoning (statistics, mathematics, econometrics)
- 1-3+ years of experience
Meet Some of Major League Soccer's Employees
Sr. Manager, Player Relations
Meghan works within the Player Relations and Competition Department, assisting all 22 clubs with roster and budget management while coordinating player-based initiatives with various partners, both domestic and international.
Back to top