Social Media Community Manager
Are you a driven, creative, social media-savvy individual who enjoys writing, posting, and being a part of a team? Are you ready to help shape the voice of local businesses around the country? Then, you’ve come to the right place.
What will you do?
- Create original written and visual content for a wide-ranging portfolio of local businesses located throughout the country -- this means everything from restaurants, bars, and nightlife to boutiques and auto repair.
- Engage and connect with online audiences, fans, and consumers on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Yelp, and TripAdvisor.
- Collaborate with teammates across departments, implement customer feedback, innovate on strategies, and help develop best practices.
- Utilize a critical eye for your own work to ensure clean, high-quality copy.
- Take on any other responsibilities that may arise in a fast-moving, startup environment.
Need to have:
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- A creative mindset that shows through your work.
- Customer-first attitude and the ability to adapt your writing voice to various audiences.
- Passion for helping local businesses.
- Deadline-driven and detail-oriented attitude and aptitude.
- Personal ambition to embrace challenges and go the extra mile.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A bachelor’s degree.
Nice to have:
- You love writing. You may have been called a word nerd a time or two.
- An eye four detail. You know the difference between there, their, and they’re, and the typo in the first sentence is driving you absolutely crazy.
- Familiarity with major social media platforms. You can easily translate messages on different platforms to reach different audiences.
- You’re a self-starter. You get a thrill from checking things off of your to-do list.
- A sense of humor. Writing engaging, witty content is second nature to you.
- Familiarity with basic design principles and lightweight visual design tools.
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, and 50% of premiums paid for dependents.
- Stock options.
- 401(k) plan.
- Vibrant culture with social events inside and outside the office, including volunteer opportunities.
- Brand new office in the heart of downtown Austin.
- A full-service espresso bar operated by Houndstooth coffee and local beer on tap.
- Free snacks and fully-stocked fridges.
- Professional development and experience working at one of the fastest growing startups in the country.
About the Content Team
The Content Team is core to Main Street Hub’s mission. As a team, we know how to work hard, produce great work for our customers, and enjoy ourselves along the way. We’re extremely imaginative and get excited about creative challenges. We love writing. We come from a variety of different professional backgrounds, interests, and passions and that’s part of what makes us such a strong team.
As a Community Manager on the team, you would be the voice for our local business customers located throughout the country -- crafting original content and posting it across social media. We work to connect local businesses with their customers and new customers online, and protect and enhance their online reputation by managing customer reviews on platforms like Yelp, Google+, and TripAdvisor. As a company, our mission is to help local businesses and their customers discover community.
About Main Street Hub:
Main Street Hub is the voice of more local businesses than any other company. Utilizing our proprietary technology, we offer a unique “do-it-for-you” marketing platform that integrates social media, customer reviews, web, and email marketing to help local businesses get more customers and keep them coming back, while saving them valuable time. Our team of dedicated, bright, positive people from all backgrounds is on a mission to create thriving local economies and help merchants and customers discover community.
Backed by leading investors, Main Street Hub was founded in 2010 and has grown to a team of over 500 colleagues with offices in both Austin, Texas and New York. Main Street Hub provides an essential service for local businesses and has been named one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine, the fastest growing startup in Austin by the Austin Business Journal, and a Top Workplace by the Austin American-Statesman. Main Street Hub currently has more than 7,000 local business customers and has published more than 8 million messages across the web.
Sound like something you want to be a part of? Great. Let's get started:
- Include a resume and cover letter.
- As a Community Manager, part of your responsibility is to manage online reviews. We’d like to see you give it a try. At the bottom of your cover letter, write a response to this Yelp review on behalf of the business owner.
- Do not offer the customer any form of compensation.
- You’ll be evaluated on creativity, voice, your ability to properly address customer concerns, and, when necessary, defend the business.
Back to top