Senior UX Designer
We are building the leading marketing platform for local businesses. We provide an integrated social, web, and email marketing solution designed to help merchants get more customers and keep them coming back by spreading word of mouth, extending their customer service, managing their online reputation, and leveraging our merchant network.
Founded at Stanford University, we’re headquartered in Austin and we have an office in New York City. The response we’ve seen from local businesses has been incredible. We’re the voice of more local businesses than any other company, we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and we're backed by some of the best investors in the world. Across the company, we have more than 500 colleagues who care about local businesses, set high expectations for themselves, and want to be a part of something big.
For more information on our culture, check out mainstreethub.com/values.
About Product & Design:
The Product & Design team is on a mission to design and build the absolute best software and experience in the local space, while driving exceptional business results. We mix user centric design with business savvy, focusing on three key user segments:
- Consumers: a compelling digital experience that matches the authenticity and spirit of that local business. We can help you find your next favorite local joint, or love your current one even more.
- Local Businesses: we arm our clients with data driven insights about their customers and their business - insights they can use to compete with the giants and thrive.
- Our Team: a platform that doesn’t just save time and effort, but is a true delight to use. We're building software that makes our colleagues even more powerful.
What is the opportunity?
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Designer who will be primarily responsible for creating usability prototypes, conducting usability tests, and reporting on user-centered design research tests for the Product Design team at Main Street Hub. This includes identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development, as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing.
A successful Senior User Experience Designer must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects, as well as contribute to the larger Product Design team by working closely with Designers, Product Managers, Development teams, and other stakeholders within the company.
Skills & Abilities
- A thorough knowledge of usability methods and when to apply them.
- Ability to create prototypes for testing, on a variety of devices (desktop, mobile).
- Direct experience with research on a variety of devices (desktop, mobile).
- Hands-on experience with lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, and survey design.
- A proven record of driving change through research and user advocacy.
- Able to interface effectively with Developers, Product Managers, and Designers.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.
- Comfortable with fast-paced work environment and responsibilities for multiple projects at any given time.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
What does it take to succeed?
- 5+ years proven success leading User Experience & Research projects with demonstrated impact.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: wire frames, prototypes, study plans, reports).
- Comfortable communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively to executive and management teams.
Are there perks?
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays.
- Brand spankin’ new office in downtown Austin.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage - we’ll keep you in tip top shape.
- 401(k) plan - because you're going to retire someday, and that's always more fun with a nest egg.
- All that startup stuff - free drinks and snacks, beer and kombucha on tap, ping pong tables, a Rubik’s Cube collection, an original Nintendo that doesn’t really work but I wish it did, and a library of loaner books for occasional intellectual betterment.
Meet Some of Main Street Hub's Employees
Michael works with small businesses in the greater New York City area to create customized client marketing campaigns that drive businesses forward across the board.
Back to top