Senior Product Manager, Growth
We are building the leading marketing platform for local businesses. We provide an integrated social, web, and email marketing solution designed to help merchants get more customers and keep them coming back by spreading word of mouth, extending their customer service, managing their online reputation, and leveraging our merchant network. Through our unique combination of technology, data analytics and social media expertise, we are making “we do it for you” marketing capabilities (previously only available from expensive agencies) affordable for local businesses.
Founded at Stanford University, we’re headquartered in Austin and we have an office in New York City. The response we’ve seen from local businesses has been incredible. We’re the voice of more local businesses than any other company, we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and we're backed by some of the best investors in the world. Across the company, we have more than 500 colleagues who care about local businesses, set high expectations for themselves, and want to be a part of something big.
For more information on our culture, check out mainstreethub.com/values.
About Product & Design:
The Product & Design team is on a mission to design and build the absolute best software and experience in the local space, while driving exceptional business results. We mix user-centric design with business savvy, focusing on three key user segments:
- Consumers: a compelling digital experience that matches the authenticity and spirit of that local business. We can help you find your next favorite local joint, or love your current one even more.
- Local Businesses: we arm our clients with data driven insights about their customers and their business - insights they can use to compete with the giants and thrive.
- Our Team: a platform that doesn’t just save time and effort, but is a true delight to use. We're building software that makes our colleagues even more powerful.
What is the opportunity?
Were you born with intense curiosity for and intuition about the strategy behind products in your everyday life? Do you thrive in ambiguity and are the go-to problem solver on your team? Are you always thinking of creative ideas and tools to test new hypotheses? Are you passionate about local businesses? We have only scratched the surface of potential customers that would benefit from Main Street Hub. We are looking for a strong, entrepreneurial-minded product manager to help us capture the opportunity!
As the Product Manager, Growth, you will report to the VP, Growth and be responsible for defining and executing initiatives that accelerate customer adoption and reduce customer acquisition costs, including funnel optimization, pricing and packaging and the introduction of new products. You will work closely with a team of engineers and designers to get experiments out the door and collaborate with data science and business intelligence teams to analyze their success. You will help de-risk future products and marketing strategies and take a data-driven approach to identifying the biggest growth opportunities and validating bigger strategic directions. Your success will be measured both on the iteration speed of the team and the impact they have. This role requires strong communication skills, relevant experience with analyzing and optimizing customer life-cycles (especially related to acquisition and reactivation) and a love of experimentation within a team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Know and represent your customers -- lead, and be personally accountable for building in the voice of the customer / user feedback throughout your product lifecycle
- Be the product champion -- serve as the subject matter expert and spokesperson for assigned growth initiatives; build the business case and gain approval from key stakeholders
- Lead the software development lifecyle -- lead the negotiation and tradeoff process with engineering and design to produce a groomed, prioritized backlog that aligns our work to growth team goals; deliver user stories that accurately define the work and what success looks like; run stand-ups, etc.
- Measure success regularly -- establish, measure, and update teams and executives on KPIs resulting from the rollout of new experiments and growth product initiatives
- Own customer development, beta, and ideation processes -- own the ideation and planning of user discovery activities to define business problems and test/validate solutions; define, recruit for and execute beta programs
- Enable data-driven selling experiences -- partner with business apps and data team PM leaders to improve pipeline management, lead scoring, and sales workflow
- Pricing and packaging -- collaborate with VP, growth and data teams to drive pricing and packaging strategy
- Partnerships and acquisitions -- collaborate with VP, growth on the evaluation of potential partnerships and acquisitions
What does it take to succeed?
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of product management experience in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Experience working in an agile product development environment
- Track record of success -- experience building successful new products
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit -- must be self-driven, individually accountable, passionate about business results who can completely own the delivery of high value initiatives
- Split testing knowledge -- familiarity with A/B testing approaches and tools is important
- Excellent presentation and people skills -- must work well with users at all levels, including C-Level executives
- Analytical thinking -- clear thinking, knowing when/how data is important, quick and articulate in your communication Ability to break complex directions into smaller steps, decisions, and tests
- Comfortable with ambiguity -- define a clear path through a muddled mess of options
- Attention to detail -- comfortable diving in and digging through all the details while not losing sight of the wider goal
- Love for design -- design thinking; passion for great design and truly delighting users, both internal and external
- Working knowledge of sales cycles -- understanding of lead sourcing, pipeline management concepts and sales personas and workflows; conceptual knowledge of Salesforce is a huge plus
Are there perks?
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays
- Brand spankin’ new office in downtown Austin
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage - we’ll keep you in tip top shape
- 401(k) plan - because you're going to retire someday, and that's always more fun with a nest egg
- All that startup stuff - free drinks and snacks, beer on tap, ping pong tables, a Rubik’s Cube collection, an original Nintendo that doesn’t really work but I wish it did, and a library of loaner books for occasional intellectual betterment
Back to top