Sales Training Consultant
About Main Street Hub:
Our mission is to create thriving local economies. Through technology, creativity, and service, we provide great local businesses around the world with do-it-for-you products that make them stronger, for a price that works for them.
Founded in 2010 out of Stanford University, we’re headquartered in Austin, TX, and we have a thriving office in New York City. The response we’ve seen from local businesses everywhere has been incredible. We are the voice of more local businesses than any other company, and we're backed by leading investors in New York and Silicon Valley. Across the company, we have over 500 colleagues who care about local businesses, set high expectations for themselves, and want to be a part of something big.
For more information on our culture, check out www.mainstreethub.com/values.
What is the opportunity?
Over the next year, we’ll be adding talented sales consultants to our team, creating amazing opportunities for top performers. We are looking for a results-driven Sales Trainer who thrives in a fast-paced environment, believes in our vision, and lives by our values. If you’re motivated by setting and achieving aggressive goals, have high emotional intelligence and a passion for sales, and want to be a part of building something incredible, we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Teach sales team members and leaders the skills necessary to achieve their professional goals and increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership and Enablement teams to create a compelling program to develop sales and leadership skills at every career level, including new hire training/development programs, ongoing skills training, and sales career development curriculum
- Motivate, lead and inspire top sales people to continue to smash their goals
- Lead by example through the sales process – know your close and know how to teach it
- Train on best practices of the sales process and new initiatives
- Effectively communicate cross-functionally with other departments to coordinate training for new programs and products, including coordination with the Sales Training & Development team
- Understand and process trainee feedback to revise training effectiveness including process, technology, and policies and procedures; as well as provide feedback to managers to continue to develop their sales team members
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement through call shadowing and process observation
- Travel as necessary to our sales office in New York, NY
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years in a sales role that included heavy outbound calling, short sales cycle, as an individual contributor or a manager, with 1-2 years of experience in roles with a heavy sales training component
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, with a passion for teaching & learning
- Excellent PowerPoint and Word skills to produce engaging training content
- Familiarity with video conferencing software and other collaboration technology
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt quickly to change
- Unwavering integrity and strong character
- An exemplary work ethic, a “get it done” attitude and high personal accountability
- Stellar organizational and prioritization skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively
- Strong analytical ability and high emotional intelligence
- Creativity, persuasiveness, and the ability to think on your feet
- Fluency with social media and customer review websites
- Demonstrated success in other demanding environments
- A team player with a desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself
- A love of local businesses and a genuine desire to help them succeed
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-provided 401(k) plan
- Brand-new office in the heart of downtown Austin
Back to top