About Main Street Hub:
Our mission is to create thriving local economies. Through technology, creativity, and service, we provide great local businesses around the world with do-it-for-you products that make them stronger, for a price that works for them.
Founded in 2010 out of Stanford University, we’re headquartered in Austin, TX, and we have a thriving office in New York City. The response we’ve seen from local businesses everywhere has been incredible. We are the voice of more local businesses than any other company, and we're backed by leading investors in New York and Silicon Valley. Across the company, we have over 500 colleagues who care about local businesses, set high expectations for themselves, and want to be a part of something big.
For more information on our culture, check out www.mainstreethub.com/values.
What is the opportunity?
Main Street Hub is seeking a Junior Accountant to perform the day to day activities of the company’s accounting function. You will need to be a self-starter skilled in both technical accounting and accounting-related process. You will report to the Controller and work closely with finance and business leaders to implement processes that balance financial controls and end-user needs.
Here is a sampling of what you’ll tackle in this role:
- Perform ongoing accounts payable duties, including bill entry, ensuring compliance with approval authorities, and management of Bill.com billing system
- Support expense management initiatives, including implementing expense policies and automating employee credit card process
- Assist with running payroll
- Assist in the development, documentation, and maintenance of systems, process improvements, and procedures that strengthen internal controls
- Protect assets by monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting requests and respond to requests from CFO and Controller as needed
Why is it exciting?
- You will be a key individual contributor on a new and growing accounting team.
What will it take to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 1-3 years of relevant accounting, payroll and/or time-keeping experience, or equivalent years of work experience
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, SaaS experience preferred
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with ADP preferred
- Experience with NetSuite or similar financial programs is a plus
- Highly proficient with Microsoft software, specifically Excel
- Self-initiator who proactively dives into problems and finds solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Attention to detail and pride in timely and accurate deliverables
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of individuals across the organization with minimal supervision required
What are the benefits and perks?
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-provided 401(k) plan
- Brand-new office in the heart of downtown Austin
Back to top