IT Support Specialist
About Main Street Hub:
Our mission is to create thriving local economies. Through technology, creativity, and service, we provide great local businesses around the world with do-it-for-you products that make them stronger, for a price that works for them.
Founded in 2010 out of Stanford University, we’re headquartered in Austin, TX, and we have a thriving office in New York City. The response we’ve seen from local businesses everywhere has been incredible. We are the voice of more local businesses than any other company, and we're backed by leading investors in New York and Silicon Valley. Across the company, we have over 500 colleagues who care about local businesses, set high expectations for themselves, and want to be a part of something big.
For more information on our culture, check out www.mainstreethub.com/values.
What is the opportunity?
The Information Technology department of Main Street Hub is on a mission to deliver top notch IT support while maintaining the highest standards in application and data security, network resources availability, maintenance of server services.
The ideal candidate will respond to hardware and software support requests and demonstrate professionalism and an unwavering commitment to providing outstanding customer service. This is a fast-paced and excellence-focused team that welcomes your ability to provide feedback as it relates to elevating other team members, streamlining our processes and making our IT environment more robust and user serving.
What you'll do:
- Field incoming tech-help requests from end users via ticketing system and walk-up requests in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
- Perform IT end-user account set-up
- Perform end-user IT equipment set-up (physical set-up of equipment as well as OS imaging, software installations, etc.)
Why is it awesome?
- You will be part of a small, lean team - which translates to you having a huge personal impact
- You will have huge opportunity for growth - Main Street Hub is on the way up, creating exceptional career paths for exceptional Information Technology talent
- You will be surrounded by top talent - we constantly raise the bar and all get better along the way
What will it take to succeed?
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with Main Street Hub values
- Proven track record of supporting end user’s hardware and applications (Windows 7 and 10, Google Apps for Work, IP phone systems, basic local area network troubleshooting skills)
- Great technology partner for sale representatives, sales managers and all Main Street Hub employees
- Deep appreciation for great end user support experience
- Great attention to detail, because details matter (if you apply, include the word “stoked” somewhere in your resume or cover letter)
- Embrace and thrive in high paced, lean startup cultures - no room for corporate types here
- Personal ambition - embrace challenges, energized by more more more, inspired by learning and growing
- Ability to travel with given notice
- 2+ years experience in desktop support or similar role
- Excellent customer / end user service skills
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to serving your customer
- Expert-level familiarity with the business information technology services
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving computer hardware and software issues
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving network connectivity issues
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving phone system issues
- Deep alignment with our Values
- A love of local businesses
- An exemplary work ethic and a positive "get it done" attitude
- A bias towards action
- An ability to do more with less
Extra credit points:
- Experience supporting Salesforce.com
- Experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with Google Apps for Work environment
- Microsoft Server 2008 and 2012 Server operating systems
- Experience supporting Audio & Video presentation equipment
- Experience supporting sales representatives in a call center environment
What are the benefits and perks?
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-provided 401(k) plan
- Brand-new office in the heart of downtown Austin
Back to top