Director of Business Intelligence (Sales Ops)
About Main Street Hub:
We are building the leading marketing platform for local businesses. We provide an integrated social, web, and email marketing solution designed to help merchants get more customers and keep them coming back by spreading word of mouth, extending their customer service, managing their online reputation, and leveraging our merchant network.
Founded at Stanford University, we’re headquartered in Austin and we have an office in New York City. The response we’ve seen from local businesses has been incredible. We’re the voice of more local businesses than any other company, we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and we're backed by some of the best investors in the world. Across the company, we have more than 500 colleagues who care about local businesses, set high expectations for themselves, and want to be a part of something big.
For more information on our culture, check out mainstreethub.com/values.
What is the opportunity?
The Director of Business Intelligence (Sales Ops) plays a key role in reporting, analyzing, and planning across marketing, sales, customer success, and product. This role oversees a team of analysts that work across our business units to provide visibility to stakeholders at all levels of the company and surface new insights to improve processes, informing the organization’s strategic roadmap. Here’s a sampling of what you’ll tackle each week:
- Gather insights from the data: Digging into our sales data, interpreting it, and sharing the implications of what you find with the Executive Team and across the company.
- Forecast management: Helping us know where we are and see where we’re going for both new sales and location retention, by providing process, controls, and reports to the leadership team, in partnership with our finance team.
- Collaborate with executive leaders: Partner with executive leaders to define and measure KPIs, evaluate performance against strategic benchmarks and inform roadmaps
- Structure and measure tests: Thoughtfully structure tests to improve sales performance through adjustments to lead distribution. Identify KPIs and build reports to measure the increase to individual and team performance to clearly determine test outcomes.
- Level up reporting infrastructure: Lead initiative on increasing the level of automation in reporting to move away from manual reporting.
Why is it exciting?
- You will be responsible for owning the processes, systems, and activities that enable Main Street Hub’s Sales teams to operate effectively. The right candidate should combine a deep understanding of sales processes, business analytics, data management, and revenue forecasting.
- This role will report to the CFO and interface with every member of the senior leadership team.
What will it take to succeed?
- 7+ years of experience in sales operations, marketing analytics or similar functions in a SaaS-based business, finance or consulting. Experience in a high growth startup would be helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Finance, Applied Math, etc.) and/or MBA are nice-to-haves, but quantitative thinking skills are a must.
- Expert-level analytical skills and problem-solving acumen.
- Proficiency in SQL is a must, experience with other programming languages for data analysis is a plus (eg. R, Python).
- Experience leading a team of data analysts.
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to translate the results of complex analysis into a simple and actionable explanation.
- An exemplary work ethic, a “get it done” attitude and high personal accountability.
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with Main Street Hub values.
- Bonus points for:
- Exposure to CRM and marketing automation systems (Salesforce.com preferred).
- Familiarity with the Local/SMB space.
What are the benefits and perks?
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-provided 401(k) plan
Back to top