We are building the leading marketing platform for local businesses. We provide an integrated social, web, and email marketing solution designed to help merchants get more customers and keep them coming back by spreading word of mouth, extending their customer service, managing their online reputation, and leveraging our merchant network.
Founded at Stanford University, we’re headquartered in Austin and we have an office in New York City. The response we’ve seen from local businesses has been incredible. We’re the voice of more local businesses than any other company, we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and we're backed by some of the best investors in the world. Across the company, we have more than 500 colleagues who care about local businesses, set high expectations for themselves, and want to be a part of something big.
For more information on our culture, check out mainstreethub.com/values.
About Main Street Hub Engineering:
The Engineering team is on a mission to build the absolute best software in the local space. We use our data and technology to effectively create and manage local business owners’ digital assets at scale. While our customers are hard at work realizing their passion and dream, our software delivers to them -
- A compelling digital experience that matches the authenticity and spirit of that local business to their consumers. We can help the consumers to find their next favorite local joint, or love their current one even more.
- Data driven insights about their consumers and their business - insights they can use to compete with the giants and thrive.
- A content platform that empowers our content managers to create engaging content while having fun using the tools.
In addition to all top notch engineering talents we already have on the team, we also have the best partner in crime - a killer Product and Design team!!!
What is the opportunity?
As a Data Scientist at Main Street Hub, you will…
- Design and build machine learning models that help local businesses engage with their customers on social media
- Partner with product, finance, and operations teams to identify, prioritize, and answer the most important questions where analytics and modeling will have a material impact
- Drive cross functional analytics projects from beginning to end - from framing and structuring questions, to collecting and analyzing data, and presenting key insights to support decision making
- Collaborate with decision makers to develop products, strategies, and processes to produce repeatable analysis and actionable insights into customer behavior, operational efficiency, and risk
- Communicate key results to leadership in verbal, visual, and written media
Why is it awesome?
- Your work is meaningful: helping local business owners and creating a thriving local economy == helping to make someone’s American dream come true
- Your work brings the voice of local business owners to life through data
- You will have a huge personal impact on the engineering team, Main Street Hub business, and most importantly, our service to local business owners
- You will be surrounded by top talents - we constantly raise the bar and all get better along the way.
What does it take to succeed?
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with Main Street Hub values
- Resourceful in distilling questions, wrangling data, and driving decisions
- Uncanny ability to identify unreasonable results and a well-tuned sense of skepticism
- Great attention to detail, because details matter (if you apply, include the word “purple” somewhere in your resume or cover letter)
- Embrace and thrive in high paced, lean startup cultures – we insist on saying NO to big corporate mentality
- Personal ambition - embrace challenges, energized by more more more, inspired by learning and growing
- An advanced degree (M.S. PhD), preferably in Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or a related technical field
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization, or related field
Are there perks?
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, and 50% of premiums paid for dependents
- The opportunity to earn stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Brand-new office in the heart of downtown Austin
- Professional development and experience working at one of the fastest growing startups in the country
Say hi and show me what you’ve got! I review all resumes, cover letters (especially cover letters) personally.
Qingqing / VP Engineering
Back to top