About Main Street Hub:
We are building the leading marketing platform for local businesses. We provide an integrated social, web, and email marketing solution designed to help merchants get more customers and keep them coming back by spreading word of mouth, extending their customer service, managing their online reputation, and leveraging our merchant network.
Founded at Stanford University, we’re headquartered in Austin and we have an office in New York City. The response we’ve seen from local businesses has been incredible. We’re the voice of more local businesses than any other company, we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and we're backed by some of the best investors in the world. Across the company, we have more than 500 colleagues who care about local businesses, set high expectations for themselves, and want to be a part of something big.
For more information on our culture, check out mainstreethub.com/values.
What is the opportunity?
The Finance team is looking for an analyst to focus on building systems and reporting to give us insights into business drivers, with a focus on the revenue process. As a Financial Analyst, your goal will be to use data analysis to track key metrics, automate the tracking of the customer lifecycle, and take a leadership role in building out key finance reporting and processes.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll tackle in this role:
- Define and track key metrics for the finance organization: Develop a set of repeatable daily/weekly/monthly reports covering key customer and financial metrics. Become the resident expert and go to person for analysis requests across the organization.
- Build a customer level view of revenue related measures: Combine data from multiple source to create a view of billings, collections, revenue, chargebacks, and refunds by customer over time. Use this data to gain insights, share recommendations, and improve revenue modeling.
- Build models and analysis to support decisions in the business: Perform cross-departmental analysis like customer profitability and investment ROI analysis.
- Drive improvements in data quality and automation: Work with your partners in product, engineering, and operations to ensure we have the building blocks for analysis.
- Support/lead finance scaling initiatives: Initiatives may include data warehouse, consolidation of billing and rev rec in Netsuite, and re-assessing our rev rec policy.
- Support accounting in revenue recognition process: Use your data skills to provide customer data necessary during the close process and help to improve/automate process.
Why is it exciting?
- You will play an integral role in shaping our thinking on the primary metrics that will drive value in the business
- This role will report directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, with close relationships to both customer facing and product teams. You’ll collaborate with executives to instrument and analyze the company.
What will it take to succeed?
- 3-5 years of experience as a Financial Analyst or similar analytical role
- Excellent Excel skills are a must; SQL skills are a plus.
- Finance or accounting degree and/or significant experience with concepts
- Experience working with data from financial systems (Netsuite preferred)
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving acumen
- Highly motivated and able to take ownership of analysis projects from start to finish
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to translate the results of complex analysis into a simple and actionable explanation
- An exemplary work ethic, a “get it done” attitude, and high personal accountability
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with Main Street Hub values
- Bonus points for:
- Exposure to CRM (Salesforce.com preferred) and/or SaaS BI tools
- Experience with local or SMB recurring revenue model
What are the benefits and perks?
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-provided 401(k) plan
- Brand-new office in the heart of downtown Austin
Back to top