Senior Manager, Product Marketing
Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to build the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every single day, we work with students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want. We first and foremost care about helping students, and we’ve turned test prep from a necessary evil into an enjoyable experience at an affordable price.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field.
About the Job
We’re looking for a Senior Manager or Director, Product Marketing to help us bring affordable, effective, and enjoyable test prep to even more students across the globe. You’ll work on our site-to-paid conversion, product positioning, and pricing strategies across graduate, high school, and English-learning markets, contributing a significant impact to our bottom line. This role is a people management role (2+ direct reports), and you’ll be spending about half your time supporting your team and half your time working on strategy and projects.
This position is a full time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $122,000 to $132,000, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Manage a team of 2-3 individual contributors and grow the team as needed
- Prioritize where to focus product marketing efforts across different products and market segments, and define how to reach our annual goals
- Come up with strategies to improve site-to-paid conversion across our suite of test preparation products
- Develop pricing strategy for our core products and promotions
- Own messaging across the Magoosh product sites
- Work with your team to optimize product positioning and conversion
- Work with your team to optimize email campaigns targeting potential users who have visited our blog and site
- Work with the Product team to optimize trial plan offerings and length of plan
You have many of the following...
- 6+ years of experience in marketing, with several years in product marketing
- Experience successfully launching and growing several online products
- Experience managing at least one direct report
- Extensive experience with copywriting and email segmentation/strategy
- Empathy for the customer and a user-focused approach
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS for landing pages
- Experience performing data analysis for A/B tests, multivariate tests, and others
- A deep understanding of pricing strategy, buyer psychology, and promotional tactics
- The ability to balance a big-picture outlook with the nitty-gritty details, e.g. identifying a problem in daily performance while keeping our 3-year plan in mind
- An understanding of how product marketing can work with other marketing channels and campaigns
- A passion for education and helping students succeed
- The willingness to pitch in wherever needed on the marketing team (we’re a small startup, after all!)
Extra credit if you...
- Have experience with paid acquisition (this role may also manage a Paid Acquisition Manager)
- Have extensive experience with HTML/CSS
- Have a background in statistics / data science
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
To learn more about our benefits and perks, check out our benefits and perks doc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Magoosh's Employees
Sam works to optimize Magoosh's data gathering and analytics. It's his responsibility to oversee the technical aspects of Magoosh's interactive study tools online.
Back to top