About the Job
At Magoosh, recruiting is key to driving many of our long term goals and strategies. We’re looking for a Recruiter to scale our entire hiring process from helping the hiring manager envision their position through sending the offer letter. You’ll partner with the hiring managers to source great candidates and to ensure each candidate, hired or not, has a great experience. You’ll be the voice of the candidate and take on changing, unpredictable situations with a calm demeanor. You'll join our awesome Operations team, currently consisting of our Director of Operations, Peter, Office and Operations Manager, Heidi, and our HR Manager (and People Ops Lead), Amrita, to whom you will report. You will be the only Recruiter on our team and may have to opportunity to manage part-time sourcers, recruiting coordinators, and/or recruiting agencies as we grow.
This position is a full time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Downtown Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $85,000 to 92,500, depending on qualifications and fit for the role. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Improve our current hiring process and scale it as we grow
- Help shape and drive our diversity recruitment strategy for all positions
- Engage with and find passive candidates for hard to fill roles
- Create job listings (with hiring managers) that are on brand and encourage a diverse applicant pool
- Screen candidates for culture and competency fit (the main stages include: application review, intro calls, and reference calls)
- Coordinate candidate interviews and debriefs
- Manage our pipeline and share data to ensure the best results
- Be the voice of the candidate to help us continue to improve our process
- Work hands-on wherever needed – this is a recruiting generalist role perfect for someone who likes to do many different things
You have the following…
- 2-4 years of experience managing a hiring process end-to-end
- Successful track record sourcing and hiring amazing talent
- Clear, fast and friendly communication skills
- History of delivering on complex quarterly goals and hitting metrics
- Experience filling technical and/or senior level requisitions
- Experience using data to drive hiring decisions
- Experience tracking candidates using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- Experience seeking external recruiting mentorship and resources
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with important deadlines
- Passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience designing and delivering diversity talent acquisition programs
- Experience using our tools: Greenhouse, Asana, and Slack are the big ones
- Experience in education
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
To learn more about our benefits and perks, check out our benefits and perks doc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Magoosh's Employees
Student Help Lead
Kevin works to help Magoosh's students prepare for the tests ahead. He keeps students motivated during their studies—and answers any questions they may have along the way.
Back to top