Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field.
About the Job
Magoosh is seeking a Marketing Associate to help us achieve our mission of bringing enjoyable, effective and affordable online education to the world. We’ve reached over 1.5 million students but need help getting to the next level. We’ve turned test prep from a necessary evil into an enjoyable experience at an affordable price.
We’re looking for a team player with a passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field. Our team is super stoked about helping students achieve their academic dreams, and we live our company values every day.
This position is based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $60-65k, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US. We're hoping to hire someone with a start date in mid-late February or earlier.
In this position, you will…
- Manage email marketing campaigns
- Conduct user research and competitive analysis
- Help marketing managers with pricing experiments and promotions
- Identify new opportunities for younger exam categories (LSAT, MCAT, ACT)
- Work hands-on wherever needed – this is a marketing generalist role perfect for someone who likes to do many different things
You have many of the following…
- 1-2 years of varied marketing experience
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience coordinating many projects at once, with strong attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of how to collect and interpret data using Excel / Google Analytics
- A growth mindset and a curiosity to learn more about marketing, business, and the education sector
- Experience working in a startup environment or other fast-paced, often-changing workplace
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience with email marketing
- Basic HTML/CSS skills
- Knowledge about test prep
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Magoosh's Employees
Sam works to optimize Magoosh's data gathering and analytics. It's his responsibility to oversee the technical aspects of Magoosh's interactive study tools online.
Back to top