IELTS Curriculum Manager
Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us change the test prep world.
About the Job
Magoosh creates excellent content that helps students prepare for gateway exams like the GRE, GMAT, TOEFL and others. We are looking for a skilled and experienced IELTS and EFL teacher to build an online IELTS course with exemplary content, including video lessons, strategy guides, study schedules, and explanations. You’ll also serve as the “voice” of the Magoosh IELTS product in content marketing and promotional materials -- everything from blogs to videos to podcasts.
This is a full time position based in Berkeley, CA and you must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Design an online curriculum for the new Magoosh IELTS prep product for both the general and academic tests
- Create lesson videos and explanations for IELTS test items
- Write and test IELTS-like tests and practice questions
- Manage content creating contractors, as needed
- Create blog content, guides, and videos for our IELTS blog and marketing channels
- Collaborate with other members of the content team to improve Magoosh products
- Serve as the “IELTS Expert” in discussions that impact the marketing, student help, and product teams
- Are passionate about teaching and education, likely with several years of experience as a teacher or tutor
- Possess a deep understanding of the IELTS, the content it assesses, and the structure of its questions
- Have a strong command of pedagogy with insights into common student misconceptions
- Are very fluent in English with a strong understanding of the nuances of the language
- Have a BA or BS
- Are detail oriented
- Are a very strong writer and verbal communicator
Extra credit if you...
- Have experience with other exams such as the TOEFL, GRE or GMAT
- Have worked as a classroom teacher in the past
- Have written fluency in Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish, or Portuguese
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top