GED Content Writer
Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time, regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us change the test prep world.
About the Job
This is not your ordinary blogging job! We are looking for an excellent writer and teacher to create informative articles about the GED (General Education Development) exam, including test prep strategies and advice for individuals seeking to obtain a GED. You’ll create 50 to 100 articles on the GED (with potential for more), play a critical role in launching the Magoosh GED blog, and support thousands of students through the GED process.
This is a remote contract position – you can work from anywhere! Even though this position is remote, you must be authorized to work in the US.
Pay is $25 - $75 per article, depending on the complexity of the topic.
In this position, you will…
- Write original content for the soon-to-be-launched Magoosh GED blog on a list of topics we provide (with the opportunity to propose your own topics as well)
- Collaborate with our blog editor to produce high-quality content that is both informative and fun, and well-optimized for search engine results
- Are passionate about teaching, education, and Magoosh!
- Have previous experience as a GED tutor or teacher
- Possess a deep understanding of current GED exam format, content, question structure, and study strategies
- Have a BA or BS
- Are detail oriented
- Are a very strong writer
- Can commit to writing 50+ articles (between 400 and 1500 words each) in a 3-month period
Extra credit if you...
- Have written blogs before or have your own blog
- Have experience using WordPress
- Have published your writing online or in print
- Have taught other standardized tests
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting applications for this position. We'll repost this listing if we reopen this position.
Back to top