Content Marketing Manager
About the Job
Magoosh is seeking a Content Marketing Manager to help us achieve our mission of bringing enjoyable, effective and affordable online education to the world. We’ve turned test prep from a necessary evil into an enjoyable experience at an affordable price.
We’re looking for a team player with a passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field. Our team is super stoked about helping students achieve their academic dreams, and we live our company values every day.
Over the past 7 years, we’ve grown from one blog with 100 monthly visits to 15 blogs with 1 million+ monthly visits between them. We started with a single expert writing daily blog posts, and now we’re working on building out a large-scale content marketing machine. Working closely with our content marketing team lead, others on our Marketing team, and our network of 25+ remote writers and blog editor, you’ll help take our content to the next level.
This position is based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA. The salary range for this position is between $78-85K depending on level of expertise. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Manage the creation of content assets from start to finish (including blog posts, ebooks, long-form articles, research studies, SlideShares, and social content)
- Work collaboratively with our in-house and remote content marketing team, including writers and designers, to ideate content projects and launch promotional campaigns
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style and quality, and optimized for our students’ experience
- Analyze key metrics pertaining to traffic, conversion, engagement, and brand visibility in order to determine our most effective content assets and CTAs across all of our blogs.
- Develop processes to better automate our content creation and ensure our blogs are aiding our strategic marketing needs.
- Study our students and stay up-to-date on standardized tests so that we can create timely content that is high in demand.
- Help out the marketing team in any areas needed (we’re a small startup, after all!)
You have many of the following…
- At least 2-4 years of experience in content marketing or digital marketing
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and a creative mind
- Excellent understanding of SEO strategies and link-building tactics
- Experience creating high-quality articles, ebooks, SlideShares, data-driven studies, infographics, or other interactive and shareable content at scale (multiple pieces a month)
- A track record of using data to drive success and experience using Google Analytics and other marketing analytics tools
- Experience with A/B testing and good data analysis skills
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, and CSS
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience with test prep tutoring, teaching, and/or college or grad school admissions
- Experience specifically with B2C marketing
- Design skills
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top