Business Development Manager
Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field.
About the Job
Magoosh is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager who knows how to build relationships, assess opportunities, and grow market share through long-lasting partnerships. We’re looking to grow rapidly in our high school market (ACT and SAT), and you’ll be a critical piece of our strategy, reaching out to school districts, counselors, and key stakeholders within school systems.
In this role, you’ll build partnerships that will extend the reach of our amazing products, grow our company, and help Magoosh bring accessible, effective, and enjoyable test prep to more students all over the world.
This is a full-time role in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with a salary range of $102-122k and associated equity range of 0.057-0.068%, based on level of experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Develop and execute a strategy for distribution partnerships for our high school products, which may involve in-person meetings and travel
- Recruit schools, universities, test prep centers and educators to purchase Magoosh bulk plans
- Assess and follow up with potentially high-impact inbound business development opportunities across our high school, grad, and international markets
- Create a plan for scaling out our business development efforts
- Identify and experiment with other creative partnerships and opportunities for us to expand our reach
- Help out the marketing team in any areas needed, including international opportunities, new products, and new marketing channels (we’re a small startup, after all!)
You have many of the following…
- 4+ years of experience in business development / partnership management
- Passion for improving access to education
- Proven success for doing both high level strategy and in-the-weeds detail work (and everything in between)
- Experience juggling multiple projects with competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills over email, phone, and in-person
- Experience demo-ing and explaining technology products effectively
- Creativity in finding solutions to customer problems
- A bias towards action: you’re willing to move fast, take risks, and put yourself out there
Extra credit if you...
- Have prior startup experience
- Have experience working in or with school districts / administration
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top