Business Development Intern
About the Job
Magoosh is looking for an experienced Business Development Intern who knows how to build relationships, assess partnership opportunities, and get things done. This role is a perfect opportunity for a current 2nd-year MBA student, although that is not a requirement.
In this role, you’ll build partnerships that will extend the reach of our amazing products, grow our company, and help Magoosh make a bigger dent in the world.
This is a paid part time (20-30 hours/week) internship for 6-9 months with an immediate start date (depending on schedule). Depending on your success during the internship, we may have a full-time position available starting summer 2017. The pay is between $45 and $55 per hour. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Develop and execute a strategy for distribution partnerships, domestic and international
- Assess and follow up with potentially high-impact inbound business development opportunities
- Build relationships with organizations that can help us reach more students
- Find and sell to schools, universities, test prep centers and educators who would benefit from using our existing products
- Identify other creative partnerships and opportunities for us to expand our reach
- Pitch in on side projects that help boost the team's success (we're a startup, after all!)
You have many of the following…
- Have 4+ years of experience in business development / partnership management
- Are passionate about improving access to education
- Can develop a high level strategy and do in-the-weeds detail work (and everything in between)
- Can independently juggle multiple projects with competing priorities
- Communicate well over email, phone, and in-person
- Can demo and explain technology products effectively, developing creative solutions to customer problems
- Are responsive and always “plugged in”
- Are willing to move fast, take risks, and put yourself out there
Extra credit if you...
- Have prior startup experience
- Have prior M&A experience
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top