About the Job
Magoosh helps millions of students prepare for standardized tests with our affordable, enjoyable, and effective test prep. We’ve developed a marketing playbook for graduate exams such as the GRE, GMAT, LSAT and more, successfully growing these products to capture meaningful market share with some of the highest satisfaction rates in the industry. As a company, we’ve been profitable since 2012.
We’re now looking for a fearless marketer with an entrepreneurial mindset to help create the marketing playbook for ACT. You’ll grow traction in the high school market to help us reach our goal of capturing 1% of the market by mid-2017. You’ll have tools at your disposal, a healthy budget, and autonomy to run experiments.
This is a full-time position in our Berkeley, CA office. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Devise marketing and sales strategies to grow Magoosh’s ACT market share by 10x over the next year
- Explore and test new marketing channels for our high school market
- Build relationships with organizations that can help us reach more students
- Identify and pursue partnership leads
- Find and sell to schools, test prep centers, and educators who would benefit from using our ACT product
You have many of the following…
- Experience building growth channels from the ground up, either at your own company or an early-stage startup
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of marketing channels
- Experience with running experiments, A/B tests, and making data-driven conclusions
- Experience working with a variety of partners
- Experience with developing a high level strategy and doing in-the-weeds detail work (and everything in between)
- Strong communication skills – written, over the phone, and in person
- A high level of comfort with ambiguity (the unknown makes you excited!)
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
Extra credit if you...
- Have experience in the education industry, especially the high school market
- Are a marketing generalist, or have depth in another area of marketing
- Have domain experience with the ACT
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top