Senior Python Platform Engineer
Magnetic's media and merchandising platform tracks user behavior across hundreds of thousands of websites, hundreds of millions of users, and many billions of events per day. Every day we're pushing the boundaries of what can be done with Python and PyPy, building microservices that increase throughput and reduce latency in our real-time system. If you have Python skills and want to take them to the next level, we want to hear from you!
We believe great engineers...
- Are eager to work with fellow developers, user experience designers, and product owners
- Lead by example, sharing freely and emphasizing transparency in decision making
- Build their teams' collective ability via collaborative techniques like pair-programming and white board design sessions
- Continuously learn and improve, and constantly explore new languages, tools, and techniques
- Treat challenges as opportunities to advance their understanding
We'd like to meet you if...
- You are an early adopter, and an inquisitive, critical thinker, always seeking to expand your knowledge and experience
- You know that many heads and a diversity of opinions make the best decisions
- You want to share what you learn at Magnetic by presenting at Meetups or conferences, or posting to our engineering blog
- You have built web apps and public-facing APIs in Python, Java, Go, or another server-side language
In return, we offer...
- Unlimited vacation days -- breathe easy and balance your life the way you want it!
- Regular Hackathons
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision)
- 401k plan and commuter benefits
At Magnetic, we are committed to the success of our people and strive to reward them for it.
Magnetic is a technology company with a marketing platform for enterprises, brands and agencies. Our prospecting, remarketing, and merchandising solutions help marketers find, keep and bring back customers across channels and devices. These solutions are powered by our unique data including purchase intent and behavioral insights.
This job is at our corporate headquarters, next to Madison Square Park in Manhattan. Magnetic is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Magnetic's Employees
Senior Staff Engineer and Director
Julian leads a team of engineers who spend their days writing code for Magnetic’s platform. He helps solve tricky problems, implement features, and scout new ad technology.
Back to top