Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Magnetic's media and merchandising platform tracks user behavior across hundreds of thousands of websites, hundreds of millions of users, and many billions of events per day. We use this information to help marketing and advertising teams communicate effectively with their customers and prospects by showing the right ads, sending the right emails, and recommending the right products, all at the right time.
As a member of our Advertising Campaign team, you'll be working on our Angular 2 single-page app using Typescript, Sass for CSS, and obviously HTML5, talking to a backend powered by Python and Java micro services, Kafka, Samza, Spark, HBase, Redis, and others, all running in AWS. We believe strongly in good testing practices, especially unit testing; peer code review by people both on your team and on other teams working with our Angular 2 app; continuous integration and frequent deployment; and code re-use through composition of Angular 2 components. Whether you're interested in honing your front-end skills with Angular 2, or broadening your backend chops while working on our APIs and services with Python or Java, we've got a spot for you.
We believe great engineers...
- Are eager to work with fellow developers, user experience designers, and product owners
- Lead by example, sharing freely and emphasizing transparency in decision making
- Build their teams' collective ability via collaborative techniques like pair-programming and whiteboard design sessions
- Continuously learn and improve, and constantly explore new languages, tools, and techniques
- Treat challenges as opportunities to advance their understanding
We'd like to meet you if...
- You have built single-page web applications using Angular2, AngularJS, or React (and probably APIs in Python, Java, Go, or another server-side language)
- You are an early adopter and an inquisitive, critical thinker, always seeking to expand your knowledge and experience
- You know that many minds and a diversity of opinions make the best decisions
- You want to share what you learn at Magnetic by presenting at Meetups or conferences, or posting to our engineering blog
In return, we offer...
- Unlimited vacation days -- breathe easy and balance your life the way you want it!
- Regular Hackathons
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) with Health Advocate access
- 401k plan, commuter benefits, and many other discounts and perks
Magnetic is a technology company with a marketing platform for enterprises, brands, and agencies. Our prospecting, remarketing, and merchandising solutions help marketers find, keep, and bring back customers across channels and devices. These solutions are powered by our unique data including purchase intent and behavioral insights.
This job is at our New York City headquarters in Manhattan.
Magnetic is an equal opportunity employer, and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Magnetic's Employees
Senior Staff Engineer and Director
Julian leads a team of engineers who spend their days writing code for Magnetic’s platform. He helps solve tricky problems, implement features, and scout new ad technology.
Back to top