The Sales Planner has the ability to leverage Magnetic data to build creative and compelling business media campaigns geared toward the agency and direct clients. This role is responsible for working closely with sales, account management, delivery, operations, marketing and finance in order to strategize about, develop and operationalize advertising campaigns.
The sales planning role requires an individual with excellent communication skills who can develop strong internal relationships. You will be instrumental in developing and executing the overall company growth strategy taking the lead in packaging solutions, creating customized sales materials and translating Magnetic products into powerful and actionable business plans based on the needs of specific agencies and their clients. You are data driven in your approach and excellent in analyzing trends and translating that into powerful strategies and compelling messages.
Among your many attributes, you are persuasive, gregarious, self-starting, a natural leader and skilled at solving problems and explaining complex issues. You possess excellent communication/presentation skills as well as the ability to work closely and constructively with all areas of the business. You’re particularly adept at developing close, one-on-one relationships.
We believe in your ability to succeed at the following:
- Deliver excellent service and relationship management to the entire organization, especially sales
- Create custom proposals, presentations and other sales materials
- Assist with development of strategic advertising proposals and answering RFPs
- Utilize various databases to research active and potential advertisers to identify opportunities to generate incremental spend
What we’d want to attract in candidates for this role:
- 1-2 years of successful sales planning experience for an interactive agency, online publisher, network or dsp
- Experience working with online advertising agencies and advertisers
- Experience with behavioral targeting and leading edge online advertising technologies. Search experience a plus
- Knowledge of the terminology and mechanics of the online advertising industry
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficient in salesforce.com
- Enthusiastic, committed, proactive and resourceful; can be counted on to get the job done
- Able to work autonomously as well as being a good team player
- Strong time management and organizational skills to maintain own work flow and meet deadlines
- Must have a desire to be part of a fast-paced start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
What we offer in return:
We are Magnetic. We’re full of independent thinkers who inspire our brand, products and culture everyday, and we have fun while we’re at it. Here’s what you should expect when you join Magnetic:
- Competitive salaries and commission structure
- Employee stock options
- Unlimited vacation days -- breathe easy and balance your life the way you want it!
- Company and team volunteer days
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) with Sherpaa and Health Advocate access
- 401k plan, commuter benefits, and thousands of discounts and perks
- A results-oriented startup mindset, with sane working hours and a stable business model
- We love Mac + PC users, you choose how you want to work and with what operating system
Magnetic is a technology company with a marketing platform for enterprises, brands and agencies. Our prospecting, remarketing, and merchandising solutions help marketers find, keep and bring back customers across channels and devices. These solutions are powered by our unique data including purchase intent and behavioral insights.
Our corporate headquarters, located in Silicon Alley, includes a fully stocked kitchen, our very own pool hall for an afternoon billiards match, and a beautiful office space designed to showcase our culture of transparency and collaboration. And if you’re an urban outdoors enthusiast, Madison Square Park and all it has to offer is just one block away!
Back to top