Product Designer - San Francisco
Do you get inspired by technologies that can change something in the world? Are you someone who loves building awesome and delightful user experiences that affect hundreds of millions of people?
Magnetic’s marketing platform provides marketers the power to engage their customers across channels with relevant messages. Yes, we love harnessing the massive power of big data and algorithms, but in the end, what makes our hearts jump with joy is to see our clients succeed by adding value to their business and customers’ experience.
We are looking for a talented Product Designer with extensive experience spanning user research, interaction design, visual design and usability to join our team. Working closely with Product Managers and Engineers, you will be designing our next generation user interface. You believe in an iterative, hypothesis-driven approach to design that uses iteration to produce design solutions to customer problems.
We believe in your ability to succeed at the following:
- Work with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to help set the product direction.
- Design user experience for a highly interactive application, from concept to iterative improvements, ensuring that design and interaction blend with business, customer and technical requirements.
- Use a variety of techniques to ideate, form hypothesis and validate them: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, designs.
- Work closely and constructively with cross-functional teams to iterate and deliver on what has been proposed.
- Synthesize product requirements, technical constraints, user research and web analytics into efficient user scenarios and design solutions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of new and existing UX elements in the product by incorporating user feedback, and best practices in order to continuously improve.
- Champion the design process throughout the organization.
What we’d want to attract in candidates for this role:
- Track record of designing B2B SaaS or consumer internet products.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of interaction/user-centric design and proven visual design expertise-familiarity with the Jobs to be Done framework is a plus.
- Excellent ability to wield Sketch (or Photoshop or Illustrator) and other design and prototyping tools.
- Experience conducting User Tests and User Interviews. Confident in presenting research results and learnings to team and upper management.
- Working knowledge of markup (HTML) and styles (CSS/SCSS) for prototyping and communicating requirements to Engineers.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment (we use scrum).
- A portfolio that showcases your product design experience.
- BA / BS in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design preferred (or equivalent experience).
What we offer in return:
We are Magnetic. We’re full of independent thinkers who inspire our brand, products and culture everyday, and we have fun while we’re at it. Here’s what you should expect when you join Magnetic:
- Competitive salaries and commission structure
- Employee stock options
- Unlimited vacation days -- breathe easy and balance your life the way you want it!
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision)
- 401k plan and commuter benefits
- A results-oriented startup mindset, with sane working hours and a stable business model
- We love Mac + PC users, you choose how you want to work and with what operating system
Magnetic is a technology company with a marketing platform for enterprises, brands and agencies. Our prospecting, remarketing, and merchandising solutions help marketers find, keep and bring back customers across channels and devices. These solutions are powered by our unique data including purchase intent and behavioral insights.
Meet Some of Magnetic's Employees
Senior Staff Engineer and Director
Julian leads a team of engineers who spend their days writing code for Magnetic’s platform. He helps solve tricky problems, implement features, and scout new ad technology.
Back to top