Director of Ad Operations
The Director of Ad Operations will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer, and is responsible for all technical aspects of ad operations, both onshore and offshore. This position will be located in our New York City office.
Your specific responsibilities include:
- Managing an onshore team of technical experts
- Managing an offshore ad operations team
- Managing a “Deal Desk” to analyze the profitability and likelihood of success of all campaigns
- Ensuring that all accepted campaigns are launched on time, delivery is on pace, and that KPIs are met
- Project managing all troubleshooting efforts related to the implementation and performance of all advertising campaigns
- Recruiting, training and mentoring your team so that so that ad operations can operate independently from engineering
- Working with Product Management and Data Science to evaluate and decide what tools should be added to Magnetic’s Media Platform to fix bugs, improve performance and/or improve efficacy
- Working in collaboration with the Sales and Client Success teams to ensure a healthy working relationship
- Managing optimization efforts, including advanced multivariate testing, to identify trends and execute them
- Working with the Director of Strategic Operations & Analytics to provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue, margin, and performance reporting
- Articulating different campaign execution strategies for communication back to the client
- In conjunction with business development staff, managing relationships with existing inventory partners and technology partners
- Growing and develop inventory reach through strategic partnerships (display, videos, etc.)
- Continually evaluating the platform to ensure highest level of inventory quality and leading measurement.
What we’d want to attract in candidates for this role:
- A Bachelor's degree
- 5-10 years’ experience in digital media, specifically with programmatic, data, and versed in ad operations across channels.
- Experience managing a team of people
- Experience managing an offshore team preferred
- Experience owning key business metrics as it pertains to ad ops, including, but not limited to, campaign performance, churn, delivery, and margin
- Advanced knowledge of the ad technology ecosystem, including work with DSPs and PMPs, such as TTD, DoubleClick, DBM, and Appnexus
- Must have technical knowledge of click-trackers and impression wrappers
- Experience working in multiple channels of display, mobile, video, social, native etc.
- The ability to be extremely detail oriented, and be able to QA campaign setup across multiple platforms and improve campaign performance
- Experience with media that is targeted to data
- Understanding of simple and complex attribution models
What we offer in return:
We are Magnetic. We’re full of independent thinkers who inspire our brand, products and culture every day, and we have fun while we’re at it. Here’s what you should expect when you join Magnetic:
- Competitive salaries
- Employee stock options
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision)
- 401k plan and commuter benefits
- A results-oriented startup mindset, with sane working hours and an enthusiastic team of rockstars
- We love Mac + PC users, you choose how you want to work and with what operating system
Magnetic is a technology company with a marketing platform for enterprises, brands and agencies. Our prospecting, re-marketing, and merchandising solutions help marketers find, keep and bring back customers across channels and devices. These solutions are powered by our unique data including purchase intent and behavioral insights.
Our corporate headquarters, located in Silicon Alley, includes a fully stocked kitchen, our very own pool hall for an afternoon billiards match, and a beautiful office space designed to showcase our culture of transparency and collaboration. And if you’re an urban outdoors enthusiast, Madison Square Park and all it has to offer is just one block away!
Meet Some of Magnetic's Employees
Senior Staff Engineer and Director
Julian leads a team of engineers who spend their days writing code for Magnetic’s platform. He helps solve tricky problems, implement features, and scout new ad technology.
Back to top