Contractor- Senior Experience Strategist
- Boston, MA
We are seeking a talented, passionate, and multifaceted individual with digital design experience and proven business savvy to help our clients understand, envision, and execute human centered experience strategies. If you are curious, collaborative, confident, and always thinking about the human on the other end of a design or strategy process, maybe you are MadPow's next Senior Experience Strategist.
As a Senior Experience Strategist, you will be joining a team of strategists who apply service design thinking to define the "fuzzy front end" of experience innovation and develop and communicate strategic vision for subsequent experience design and development efforts.
A MadPow Experience Strategist should have expertise in service design methodologies, and experience applying customer experience, human centered design, and behavior-based research methodologies to inform new strategies and service solutions to our clients.
This is a project-based contract position, with the possibility of full-time opportunities in the future. We will look at candidates who can commute to our Boston, MA or Portsmouth, NH offices.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leading consultant teams to understand and articulate pain points and opportunities within existing customer experiences, and collaborating with relevant stakeholders to define and articulate new customer experiences that reflect a deep understanding of human behavior, service design, value proposition design, and systems thinking; this includes the visual communication of business ecosystems, customer experiences, operational processes, and strategic roadmaps
- Communication of complex ideas in a manner easy for others to grasp, including storytelling and presentation skills suitable for C-suite executives
- Participating in and leading ethnographic experience research efforts to understand people's needs, frustrations, and behavioral motivations and translating those findings to relevant business & experience insights
- Selecting and applying appropriate experience strategy tools and methods to identify opportunities for customer experience innovation, and helping clients understand and prioritize those opportunities to inform business solutions
- Facilitating workshops and training sessions on experience strategy & service design for the general public and Mad*Pow clients
- Coordinating project activities, managing own and other's time as appropriate, supporting and facilitating internal and external communication with client teams
- Contributing to internal process development efforts
Experience and Skills
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a background in business or design strategy, UX, service design, or related fields
- A passion for and familiarity with best practices in experience strategy, service design, value proposition & business model design
- Expertise in common experience strategy & service design tools and methods, including persona development, narrative storyboarding, ecosystem mapping, experience journey mapping, service blueprinting, and touchpoint concepting via UX flows, screen sketching or mockups, physical & service prototyping, etc.
- Ability to plan and conduct research activities such as competitive landscape analysis, heuristic analysis, contextual inquiry & related ethnographic methods, experience interviewing, etc.
- Ability to clearly articulate the connection from research to design & strategy decisions through storytelling and effective client presentations
- Ability to facilitate client meetings and collaborative working sessions
- Highly collaborative with strong verbal and written communication skills; proactive and not just a "fly on the wall" in meetings and work sessions
- Keen understanding of professional services environment that focuses on providing value for clients in balance with human centered innovation
- You can dress up once in a while and meet our clients, with occasional travel
- You absolutely love what you do
Back to top