Business Development Director
- Boston, MA
MadPow's greatest asset is its people. We are looking to expand our business development team in order to continue to grow into one of the leading design agencies in the country. As a MadPow Business Development Director your primary responsibility will be to find new prospects within one of two core industry verticals, Financial Services or Healthcare, as well as efforts to expand into several growth categories, developing rapport and pitching our services to key decision makers, and ultimately, closing new business. A successful candidate will eventually have the opportunity to manage incoming leads and potentially manage existing accounts, once he/she has become an expert in understanding and positioning MadPow's unique array of service offerings, including research, experience strategy, content strategy, behavior change design, experience design and development.
The right candidate for this position is a team player with a great attitude who can handle the fast pace of an agency environment, while maintaining positive relationships with clients, prospects, and colleagues.
This is a full-time position in either our Portsmouth, NH headquarters, or our Boston, MA office.
As a member of the MadPow Business Development team, your main responsibility will be to generate leads, get appointments, and book revenue.
- Leadership/Professionalism: You are the face of our company to the market. As such, we expect our front line staff members to represent MadPow core values in all interactions with client and prospects.
- Lead Generation: We will work collaboratively to identify accounts of interest and collaboratively refine and improve the process by which prospect lists for cold calling, email outreach and other means of communication can be built. You will be responsible for outreach via phone and email, networking, representing MadPow at industry events, building interest, booking appointments, recommending services, identifying projects and opportunities, and following up. In addition, the Business Development team will meet regularly with Marketing as well as the Client Experience team to ensure we are well coordinated with our messaging and outreach to prospects and clients, with the shared goal of generating more leads and establishing/maintaining thought leadership and credibility, and building stronger relationships.
- Project Scoping/Estimation: It will be your responsibility to work with our SVP of Program Management, as well as subject matter experts and client experience directors at MadPow to appropriately qualify and scope work using the tools that we have developed and include them effectively in the sales process. Your goal will be to qualify and sell work that can be delivered profitably, unless there are other strategic reasons for taking the project on. Past project data, client history, and other factors will need to be considered when scoping work to ensure that it is priced appropriately.
- Pre-Engagement Management: Many proposal revisions, legal document reviews, and follow-ups may be involved in actually booking the business. It will be your responsibility to usher documents through the process, including providing an initial review/sanity check, and then getting them to the right people for review, and following up to make sure that everything that should be in place is in place and delivered at the right time.
- Transition to Delivery: After closing a piece of new business, it will be your responsibility to schedule a Sales Transfer meeting with the delivery team to share any relevant background/context, review project activities & deliverables, discuss the proposed project timeline, share any background on the client players involved, and share background documents/existing research. The goal of the transition is to make sure that the delivery team has everything they need to achieve a successful start to the project.
- Communication: Communication is essential in this role. We require regular communication regarding where you stand in terms of your goals and deals in progress. You will be the hub of communication between prospects and MadPow. We will also ask for weekly updates to share with the resourcing team as to what projects may hit and when so that we can plan resources accordingly.
- Sales Process Improvement: We are always improving our processes and at times we will seek your feedback, ideas, and assistance in improving the sales process, collaborating with marketing to improve efficacy, and executing on an account planning and management program at Mad*Pow in coordination with other sales and delivery team members.
- Travel: In this position you must be willing to travel for prospect and client appointments, pitches, and industry events around the country. We will always try to work within reasonable scheduling constraints.
Experience and Skills
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Extended company holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Education budget
- Healthcare benefits
- Dental care benefits
- 401(k) with company match
Back to top