Trading Senior Manager, Financial Control
- Houston, TX
Use your strong Financial Control skills and understanding of commodities markets and work alongside business teams, Risk Management Group and the wider Financial Management Group to maintain a high-quality controls environment.
You will join our Financial Control team supporting the Commodity Markets & Finance division in our Houston office as a Senior Manager, Trading Financial Control. Using your strong financial control skills and understanding of commodities markets you will be working alongside various business teams including our Risk Management Group and the wider Financial Management Group to maintain a high-quality controls environment.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- ensuring compliance with the Macquarie Financial Control Framework
- reviewing reconciliations of key balance sheet items, ensuring all balances are appropriately supported
- periodic reviews and financial commentary, statutory and management reporting, funding and capital monitoring
- leading projects that improve processes and system enhancements
- continuously challenging and improving processes to ensure finance service is delivered in an effective manner
- communicating with and completion of ad-hoc requests from Front Office, FMG and other support groups
- partnering with Front Office and other support groups on new transactions
- providing timely, accurate and commercial technical accounting advice and recommendations on new transactions and business
- documenting key accounting judgments on new transactions and on changes to accounting and regulatory environment.
A strong sense of accountability and ownership of your key deliverables, plus being an open communicator who is keen to share and receive knowledge is paramount. In addition, you'll need possess a genuine desire to build relationships across the global business, as well as a focus on qualitative improvements to teamwork, ensuring the highest quality work is delivered. You will be comfortable tackling new concepts and ideas associated with on-going change in the business.
Start this exciting journey by applying online today. To learn more about careers with Macquarie, visit www.macquarie.com/careers.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.
Back to top