Manager, Non Trading Finance Control
- Jacksonville, FL
Enhance your experience in a diverse and highly successful organization.
You will join our Financial Control team, located in Jacksonville, FL, as a Manger or an Assistant Vice President in the Financial Control team. You will play a very key role which is a mix of delivery responsibilities, process ownership and talent management. Functionally, you are expected to be very hands-on and aware of the businesses you are supporting. Typically, Managers and Assistant Vice President's lead teams of 2-6 staff.
The role requires good technical skill sets on International Financial Reporting Standards based financial reporting, and the ability to translate commercial business transactions to the correct accounting treatment followed up by adequate and appropriate substantiation of the balances.
Your key responsibilities within the role will include:
- monthly balance sheet and profit and loss analysis - correct position in the account, business and entity
- regular accounting, review sub-system posting positions, month end close, inter-co breaks clearing, suspense clearing
- Fx hedging & documentation, TP models and TP booking, Tax bookings (TP, Goods and Service Tax/Valued Added Tax, etc.)
- submission & review of Consumer Data Processing /data requirements
- reconciliation and attestation of balances - process, outcomes, breaks and resolution of issues
- completeness and accuracy of ledger data for Reporting / Tax /Legal Entity Control and analytical requirements
- financial/ Regulatory/ Tax reporting submissions - Technical requirement & Business context underlying the submissions
- new transactions / deals / products / entities / acquisitions/ restructures
- issue resolution & query management
- reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems impacting your work area
- undertake and deliver projects, improvement initiatives and standardization approaches
- take responsibility and ownership over the work performed within the team, ensuring adherence to the timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality deliverables
- delegate and manage work based on experience and task complexity
- act as an escalation point for team regarding complex questions, obstacles and decisions
- set expectations and key objectives, and provide feedback to junior members of the team
- provide support and development to junior team members to enhance their effectiveness
- demonstrate a strong sense of accountability and ownership with the capability and willingness to be \"Hands-on\"
- have good problem-solving capabilities and demonstrate strong planning and organizing skills that helps balance between often competing priorities
- be innovative with a focus to improve processes; enhance efficiencies and add value, ensuring quality consciousness in all aspects of the team
- interest in travelling overseas to engage with key stakeholders and drive business priorities to successful completion
Postgraduate accounting qualification, CA or CPA and 5 -10 years of relevant post qualification experience. Understanding of financial instruments and derivatives will be beneficial as well as good understanding of reporting requirements under International Financial Reporting Standards, particularly standards that are relevant to the Banking Industry. Prior experience in the Banking/ Financial services / Public accounting and Stock broking firms will be preferred. During the recruitment process, we will assess your fitment between the Manager and AVP levels.
Start this exciting journey by applying online today. To learn more about careers with Macquarie, visit www.macquarie.com/careers.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.
Back to top