Junior Trader, Agricultural Trading
Due to growth, we have the unique opportunity for a junior trader to join our Commodity Markets and Finance division.
Due to growth, we have the unique opportunity for a junior trader to join our agricultural trading team within the Commodity Markets and Finance division.
On a day to day basis, you'll use your exceptional risk trading skills to be a primary market maker in commodity swaps and options structures, dynamically hedge a portfolio of exotic option derivatives and trade relative value pairs. You'll research commodity market fundamentals to identify possible trading opportunities, maintain and update trading and analysis tools and perform ad hoc analysis/research for other traders on the desk. You'll also support other members of the trading team to ensure traded risk is properly reflected in position and scenario analysis.
Skills & Experiences Required:
- Relevant work experience in a trading, research, investment banking or consulting role
- Degree in finance, economics, math, engineering, or sciences;
- Demonstrated consistent success in:
- Working closely within a team environment
- Be highly driven and self starting
- Handling high pressure situations
- Excellent analytical, numerical reasoning, written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem solving
- Technically skilled in Excel/VBA, other programming experience will also be an advantage
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top