Environmental Markets Trader
- Houston, TX
Join our North American Gas & Power team as an Environmental Markers Trader as we expand in this exciting space. In this role, you will combine your trading experience, industry relationships and analytical skills as you work with customers and manage risk across the REC/Carbon markets.
Join our North American Gas & Power team as an Environmental Markers Traderas we expand in this exciting space. In this role, you will combine your trading experience, industry relationships and analytical skills as you work with customers and manage risk across the REC/Carbon markets.
You will have freedom to establish and build trading strategies and relationships with internal stakeholders and our customers while developing and maintaining supply/demand balances, actively tracking market developments and meeting PNL expectations.
In this high visibility role, there will be significant engagement with senior stakeholders and the opportunity to influence the direction of the business. You will work with other parts of the business to facilitate inbound customer pricing requests and provide daily reconciliation of PNL and positions.
You will bring to this role:
- a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- a proven track record in trading or delivering client solutions in Renewable energy and Carbon markets
- capability to develop new business opportunities
- strong Financial derivative understanding / expert
- Strong Excel skills a must. VBA, Access, Python or other programming preferred but not required
- strong analytical capabilities and communication skills
- have a nationwide view of the REC/Carbon markets and deep local knowledge within each of the targeted jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with state level renewable legislation.
Find out more about Macquarie atwww.macquarie.com/about
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top