- New York, NY
We're looking for a derivatives lawyer to join our commodities and global markets legal team in New York
Join our Commodities and Global Markets Legal team in New York, where you will take on the role as a mid-level derivatives lawyer.
In this role, you will be given the unique opportunity to assist with growing our revenue generating derivatives businesses in the US. Your deep and specialized knowledge of derivatives documentation and international derivatives regulations will be instrumental in driving new business opportunities forward and helping to chart the next steps in business development.
In this position, you will be drafting, reviewing and negotiating derivatives legal documentation including ISDA master agreements, repo documentation and stock lending documentation. You will have the opportunity to provide support and broaden your derivatives skillset across FX, Equities, Commodities and Fixed Income asset classes. Relying on your current knowledge, you will advise the business on current regulatory frameworks and assist in facilitating transactions and analyzing counterparty structures.
Additional day to day responsibilities will include:
- advising on the taking of security interests in a wide variety of jurisdictions and drafting/reviewing associated documentation
- advising the business and liaising with various internal departments on derivatives regulation such as Dodd Frank
- remaining up to date with existing and upcoming regulations which affects the business' derivative transactions
- instructing, liaising with and managing external counsel in a variety of jurisdictions
- reviewing associated legal opinions, netting opinions and collateral opinions
- document management and internal systems process work.
Back to top