Associate/Senior Associate, Energy, Renewables and Sustainability team
As an Associate/Senior Associate, you will join our Energy, Renewables and Sustainability team and assist with developing, analysing and executing transactions to support the growth of the North American Energy, Renewables and Sustainability energy portfolio.
As an Associate/Senior Associate, you will join our Energy, Renewables and Sustainability team and assist with developing, analysing and executing transactions to support the growth of the North American Energy, Renewables and Sustainability energy portfolio. If successful, you will be involved in a wide variety of opportunities including acquisitions, minority equity investments, joint ventures, and tailored structured asset finance deals.
Since its inception in 2004, our Energy, Renewables and Sustainability team has acted as a principal investor in a variety of distributed energy resources and their operating companies. The North American team forms a part of an international investing platform with an established presence in the United Kingdom and Australia.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team within a successful global organization. You will get exposure to many aspects of corporate development, principal investment-type transactions and strategic initiatives.
In this role you will:
- build complex financial models to support analysis of a range of transaction types;
- conduct research to:
- develop an understanding of and report on energy, renewable & sustainability segments and markets;
- monitor and analyse competitor companies;
- assist in identifying and analysing potentialtransaction opportunities; and
- analyse new markets, assets or product lines;
- play an integral role in the approval process for various business initiatives, including:
- financial forecasts and calculation of return metrics for proposals; and
- presenting to senior management;
- perform business level valuations;
- participate in buy-side acquisition origination, sales processes, due diligence and negotiation
- interact with senior management and business leaders
- be required to travel periodically.
- highly numerate, with well-developed modelling skills and an understanding of financial statements and accounting
- adept at problem solving and critical reasoning
- have experience in researching, analysing and reporting in a clear and concise manner to senior staff
- comfortable working in a small committed team and appreciate the demands of working within a global team in a regional office
- highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, project driven and dynamic environment
- undergraduate or graduate degree preferably in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or Law coupled with a diverse knowledge base
- have 2-4 years' suitable experience within the infrastructure and/or energy space, for instance corporate advisory, transaction services,project finance or management consulting
- private equity, venture capital, or other junior debt/equity investment experience is a plus.
To learn more, visit www.macquaire.com/career
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Back to top