Analyst/Associate, Software & Services
- New York, NY
An exceptional opportunity has opened at the Analyst or Associate level to join a highly successful and growing team who values collegial teamwork and dedication to excellence.
An exceptional opportunity has opened at the Analyst level to join a highly successful and growing team who values collegial teamwork and dedication to excellence.
By leveraging Macquarie's global capabilities, you will apply your knowledge to assist our clients in meeting their financial and strategic needs. You will also be expected to participate in the full execution of advisory, capital raising and principal transactions; in the pursuit of new business opportunities; and in the servicing of existing portfolio investments including debt and equity positions.
To be successful in this role, you will have the ability to thrive in a fast paced and challenging work environment, demonstrate a genuine desire to join a collegial, growing and entrepreneurial team and have the ability to work well under pressure. Additionally, you will have strong attention to detail, exceptional work ethic as well as time and process management skills and be extremely proficient in conversational and written English.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 1-2 years of experience in the investment banking industry (Business Services or Technology, Media, Telecom experience preferred)
- Graduate of leading national/global college or university
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications and financial modeling
- Understanding of financial statements, accounting and finance
The U.S. Software & Services (S&S) team provides full-service investment banking and principal investment solutions to clients on a global basis, with offices in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco.Clients include prominent corporate, start-up, venture capital and private equity participants. Since 2018, the S&S team has executed over 190 transactions with a combined transaction value exceeding $50 billion across M&A, debt, equity, and principal products.
Examples of notable S&S deals include:
- Joint Bookrunner on ~$680M IPO of Datto
- Joint Bookrunner on ~$700M IPO of Crowdstrike
- Joint Bookrunner on ~$650M IPO of Nuix (Pending)
- DCM Joint Bookrunner on Centerbridge's acquisition of AHEAD
- DCM Lead Bookrunner on Omnitracs' Senior Secured Credit Facilities
- Financial Advisor on Sale of Paladion to Atos
- Financial Advisor on Sale of Carnegie Learning to Undisclosed Party
- Financial Advisor on Sale of Cayuse to Primus Capital
- Financial Advisor on Sale of Penn Foster to Two Sigma and Bay Pine
- Financial Advisor on Siris Capital's acquisition of TPx
- Financial Advisor on Casa System's acquisition of NetComm Wireless
- Financial Advisor and DCM Joint Bookrunner on BMC's Acquisition by KKR
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.
Back to top