2021 Macquarie Summer Analyst Internship Opportunities - USA - Macquarie Investment Management (MIM) - Client & Corporate Groups - Philadelphia
- Philadelphia, PA
Experience what it's like to fuel the entrepreneur within as you intern and gain valuable work experience with Macquarie.
About Macquarie Investment Management
Macquarie Investment Management (MIM) is a global asset manager with offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. As active managers, we prioritize autonomy and accountability at the team level in pursuit of opportunities that matter for our clients. Our conviction-based, long-term approach has led institutional and individual clients to entrust us to manage $US248.6 billion in assets as of June 30, 2019.
In the US, retail investors recognize our Delaware Funds by Macquarie as one of the longest-standing mutual fund families, with more than 75 years in existence. Macquarie Investment Management is a division of Macquarie Asset Management, a global asset manager with $US367 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2020.
The Macquarie Internship Program
Our fast-paced ten-week internship program based in MIM's global headquarters of Philadelphia will provide you with hands on experience in the investment management world.
The program kicks off with an orientation providing you with the opportunity to learn about the Macquarie business groups across the United States as you meet your fellow interns and expand your network.
On the desk, you'll be given meaningful and challenging work allowing you to gain practical experience to tie into your theoretical knowledge from school. You will receive support from your manager and aligned mentor. And additionally participate in philanthropic and social events to connect you into our collaborative culture. To conclude your summer, you will present a project that you worked on during the program to senior management.
As an intern, you will learn about our strategies across the business through weekly learning series and exposure to senior leaders throughout the organization. You will have the opportunity to see the bigger picture, discover the tools and insights your need to understand market movements and implication and sharpen your decision-making skills for your own projects.
You will be directly placed into one of the following opportunities based on your interest and our business needs:
- Client Group (Distribution): A placement within our client group could consist of distribution, including sales and client relations, as well as product management.
- Corporate Group (Business Management/CAO/HR/Risk): Our corporate groups support business evolution and act as strategic partners to our investment teams and client group.
- Sophomores with excellent academic records and a demonstrated interest in finance through previous internships and coursework.
- Critical thinkers with strong qualitative and analytical skills who express their thoughts and ideas.
- Collaborative thinkers who are able to build strong working relationships while also working independently.
- Proactive and organized self-starters with a positive attitude, powerful work ethic, strong attention to detail with experience and comfort in Excel.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.
Back to top