Software Development Engineer - Platform (Level DOE) (Req.10053-1, 10053-2)
Are you a team player? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and love working on challenging problems? Live in Bellevue, WA or Houston, TX?
Software Development Engineer - Platform
We are looking for creative and experienced software engineers to help with the development of the MAANA Knowledge Platform. We deal with challenging problems in distributed systems, data processing and scalability every day. And our platform helps our large enterprise customers solve key business problems, faster. We're looking for talented software engineers to help us build this platform.
- Understand the platform's implementation, and design choices.
- Participate in the design, implementation and testing of key platform features.
- Manage deliverables and responsibilities in conjunction with other team members.
- Be self-guided in acquiring knowledge necessary to execute your responsibilities appropriately. This includes learning about libraries, programming languages, APIs, etc.
- Take responsibility and ownership for the product's development and growth.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Expectations and responsibilities will be adjusted based on experience and demonstrated ability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline.
- 4+ years professional experience in developing service back-end.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Proficiency or functional programming in Scala or other languages.
Preferred Experience and Skills
You will either come in with these skills or acquire many of them at MAANA.
- Linux and containerization, specifically Docker.
- NoSQL databases, such as key/value stores and graph databases.
- Desire to learn and further develop distributed systems fundamentals: scalability, coordination, resilience, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written).
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. At this time MAANA does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Relocation expenses are not being offered for this position.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Learn more about our work at https://www.maana.io/
Meet Some of MAANA's Employees
Hamid G.Senior Release Engineer
Hamid oversees the production and release of each Maana product before it hits the marketplace, ensuring every aspect is ready for a flawless deployment.
Back to top