Software Development Engineer - Platform (Level dependent on experience) (Req.10053-1, 10053-2)
Maana is looking for creative and experienced software engineers to help with the development of the Maana knowledge platform. We deal with challenging problems in distributed systems, data processing and scalability every day, and must consider the overall impact of each component on the whole system. If you are a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on challenging problems, please read on!
As part of the engineering team, you will work on features critical to our customers, including core capabilities of the platform dealing with scalability and stability. Our customers are large enterprises building novel knowledge applications on our platform. Providing them with a stable and usable platform, to address their knowledge management and decision needs, will be a key part of your responsibility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Expectations and responsibilities will be adjusted based on experience and demonstrated ability.
- Understand the platform's implementation, and design choices.
- Participate in the design, implementation and testing of key platform features.
- Manage deliverables and responsibilities in conjunction with other team members.
- Be self-guided in acquiring knowledge necessary to execute your responsibilities appropriately. This includes learning about libraries, programming languages, APIs, etc.
- Take responsibility and ownership for the product's development and growth.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline.
- 4+ years professional experience in developing service back-end.
- Desire to learn and further develop distributed systems fundamentals: scalability, coordination, resilience, etc.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Proficiency or interest in functional programming in Scala or other languages.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written).
Preferred Experience and Skills
You will either come in with these skills or acquire many of them at Maana.
- Linux and containerization, specifically Docker.
- NoSQL databases, such as key/value stores and graph databases.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Founded in 2012, Maana is a privately held company known as the pioneer of Digital Knowledge Technology. Maana has invented a new way to represent industrial knowledge mathematically, using the patented Maana Computational Knowledge Graph™, at the core of the Maana Knowledge Platform™. This unique innovation enables industrial companies to encode human expertise and data from across silos into digital knowledge to help employees make better and faster decisions. Using the Maana Knowledge Platform, Fortune 500 industrial companies can quickly develop AI-driven Knowledge Applications, that accelerate digitizing decision flows and operations.
In 2017 Maana was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer for enabling the 4th industrial revolution and also by IHS Markit as a CERAWeek 2017 Energy Innovation Pioneer.
Maana’s strategic investors are comprised of GE Ventures, Intel Capital, Chevron Technology Ventures, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, Shell Technology Ventures, Accenture Ventures, CICC, Eight Square Capital, and Sino Capital. Customers include Global Fortune 500 industrial companies such as Airbus, BHP, Chevron, GE, Maersk, and Shell. Maana is privately held with offices in Palo Alto, California, Bellevue, Washington, Houston, Texas, and international presence in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; London, UK; and Copenhagen, Denmark. Visit us at https://www.maana.io/
Meet Some of MAANA's Employees
Senior Release Engineer
Hamid oversees the production and release of each Maana product before it hits the marketplace, ensuring every aspect is ready for a flawless deployment.
Back to top