Software Development Engineer Lead
Software Development Engineer Lead - London, UK
Looking for a new challenge? Look no further!
Maana is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to lead our Platform Engineering team in London, UK.
As a Lead Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for hiring, and leading, Maana’s European core Engineering team and take ownership of critical pieces of our knowledge platform.
- Responsible for identifying, commissioning and leading work on complex, large-scale systems that have a major impact on the entire company, as well as, serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
- Manage monthly customer releases of our Maana Neon platform
- Participate in strategic planning for the platform
- Requires some direct customer interaction as appropriate for support
- You will maintain high standards of software quality within your team by establishing good practices and provide technical leadership whenever necessary for successful project delivery.
- You will actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Some travel is required to Bellevue, WA in the USA and occasionally to customer locations as needed.
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
- 2+ years management experience
- Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
- Proven track record of leading other engineers in the design and implementation of scalable data-driven systems
- Deep understanding of engineering best practices and agile project management methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written)
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming languages such as Scala, Java, C# or C++
- Experience with data visualizations (D3.js, highcharts, WebGL)
- Experience developing compelling, interactive experiences (games, multimedia, etc)
- Experience influencing software engineers’ best practices across teams
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline
- Scala experience
- Experience with Containers. Docker highly desired.
- Building applications using the JVM ecosystem
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Some of MAANA's Employees
Hamid G.Senior Release Engineer
Hamid oversees the production and release of each Maana product before it hits the marketplace, ensuring every aspect is ready for a flawless deployment.
Back to top