Senior Data Scientist
Maana is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Customer Solutions team in Bellevue, WA.
Founded in 2012, Maana is a privately held company known in our industry as the pioneer of Digital Knowledge Technology. Our passion is to turn human expertise and data into digital knowledge, enabling Fortune 500 to optimize their assets and processes three to ten times faster than any other technology.
Maana’s secret sauce is our patented Knowledge Graph™, which combined with Maana’s proprietary AI algorithms, expedites extracting knowledge from data silos, to reveal their relationships in the context of optimizing assets or processes.
Our investors, many of which are also Maana customers, include Chevron Technology Ventures, Frost Data Capital, GE Ventures, Intel Capital, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, and Shell Technology Ventures. Maana has a worldwide presence located in Palo Alto, California; Bellevue, Washington; Houston, Texas; London, England; Dhrahan, Saudi Arabia; and The Hague, Netherlands. Visit us at http://www.maana.io/.
Senior Data Scientist
Maana is looking for creative, enthusiastic, think-outside-the-box individuals to make a positive impact on our rapidly growing company. If you are a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on challenging problems, please read on!
The Senior Data Scientist will work directly with Customer Solutions Analysts and customers to analyze the business problem, translate the opportunity into model requirements, and define the solution. Solutions range from predictive analytics and imputation using a variety of techniques to more standard classification and clustering. Successful candidates will be familiar with NLP tools and methods, and common supervised and unsupervised ML algorithms. A critical component of this role is a strong focus on solving the customer problem and not over-engineering the implemented solution.
Successful solutions address the client problem in an analytically rigorous fashion, with special attention to testing and validating results.
The role should also be attentive to how the developed model can and should be operationalized when integrated with a LOB (line of business) application that is used to capture workflow. The solution will provide the customer with information to make better repeatable business decisions, and build better business processes for future clients.
Throughout the solution development process, the Senior Data Scientist will collaboratively manage all aspects of solution design and execution including working closely with development, analyst stakeholders to validate the approach and ensure alignment with the customer.
It is expected that the Senior Data Scientist will be working on multiple solutions simultaneously, and as such, excellent project and time management skills are required. This position is based in our Bellevue, WA office.
Are You Ready to Work With Some of the Brightest Minds in the Software Industry?
Our employees are some of the brightest minds in the software industry and enjoy developing innovative technologies that solve some of the toughest challenges of Fortune 500 companies. Tell us how your experience and qualifications are a great fit for this position.
- Successfully demonstrated solution modeling, design and execution including choosing the correct factors used in the model.
- A willingness and ability to think creatively about the domain expertise communicated by the data and to develop insights and expectations for how models are expected to behave, additional (possible latent) predictors, and other domain specific influences that could impact overall solution quality.
- A strong skill set data transformations, joins, queries to correctly prepare data for analysis.
- Passion for solving complex business problems and an approach that includes seeking peer review for proposed solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary to ensure efficient collaboration.
- MS/Ph.D in Information Systems, Information Management, Math, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or similar.
- Python or R proficiency.
- C++,C#,Java (experience in one or more).
- Bash Scripting proficiency.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing complex business problems and defining effective modeling solutions.
Meet Some of MAANA's Employees
Steven and his team develop software solutions, pushing Maana products to the next level through intense machine and artificial intelligence study and application.
Back to top