Principal/Senior Researcher in Artificial Intelligence (Req. 10046)
Reports to: Chief Scientist
We are looking for a Principal/Senior Researcher in Artificial Intelligence, with focus in either machine learning or knowledge representation, to join our Applied Science team in Bellevue, WA. Our team supports the Maana Platform with R&D in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, knowledge management, natural language programming, and customer-specific data science work. Our work is math/computer science heavy and requires knowledge of algorithms, programming, distributed systems, machine learning, knowledge representation, and artificial intelligence. We have fun, work as a team, solve hard problems, create intellectual property, write papers, and provide the company with unique capabilities that will help us differentiate in a crowded market.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This person has a passion for technology, and strong communication skills (including presenting and writing).
- Technical skills required include excellent programming ability in multiple languages, ability to invent new ways of solving hard problems and to take an idea from prototyping to production.
- The applicant should have research depth in a one of the following areas of artificial intelligence: machine learning, knowledge representation and reasoning, or natural language processing.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and collaboration is a must.
- This position will have ownership of large projects and drive results within and across teams, as well as help attract and grow talent to meet the company's needs
Required Education & Experience
- The ideal applicant has a Masters/PhD in Computer Science (or a related field/equivalent experience).
- Applicants with only a Masters should have 7+ years of real-world experience
- Research publications should reflect the applicants’ research expertise and depth
- Leading organizational or project-based teams
- Performing professional duties like reviewing papers, organizing workshops, mentoring others
- Industrial or commercial applications of artificial intelligence solutions
- Self-motivation/energy must be able to demonstrate initiative and be proactive with a can-do attitude
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience with micro/service based and cloud / as-a-service architectures, production quality information retrieval, search and knowledge-based systems.
- 3+ years of experience with software engineering tools like source code revision control, task and project management, Agile and scrum
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Founded in 2012, Maana is a privately held company known as the pioneer of Digital Knowledge Technology. Maana has invented a new way to represent industrial knowledge mathematically, using the patented Maana Computational Knowledge Graph™, at the core of the Maana Knowledge Platform™. This unique innovation enables industrial companies to encode human expertise and data from across silos into digital knowledge to help employees make better and faster decisions. Using the Maana Knowledge Platform, Fortune 500 industrial companies can quickly develop AI-driven Knowledge Applications, that accelerate digitizing decision flows and operations.
In 2017 Maana was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer for enabling the 4th industrial revolution and also by IHS Markit as a CERAWeek 2017 Energy Innovation Pioneer.
Maana’s strategic investors are comprised of GE Ventures, Intel Capital, Chevron Technology Ventures, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, Shell Technology Ventures, Accenture Ventures, CICC, Eight Square Capital, and Sino Capital. Customers include Global Fortune 500 industrial companies such as Airbus, BHP, Chevron, GE, Maersk, and Shell. Maana is privately held with offices in Palo Alto, California, Bellevue, Washington, Houston, Texas, and international presence in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; London, UK; and Copenhagen, Denmark. Visit us at https://www.maana.io/
Back to top