IT Operations Engineer (Req.10085)
MAANA is currently seeking a driven and self-motivated IT Operations Engineer to join the team.
The IT Operations Engineer will demonstrate technical leadership and strong initiative while developing deployment and monitoring scripts using agile methodologies, deploying and maintaining the platform in both customer and cloud environments, anticipating and troubleshooting customer issues, and providing internal IT support in collaboration with the entire IT team.
The successful candidate must be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write efficient, reliable and maintainable code. The ability to function at a very high level in a fast-paced environment along with a team of talented engineers is essential.
You will maintain high standards of quality support within the team by establishing best practices and providing technical leadership whenever necessary for successful project delivery.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designing, deploying and administering PaaS (Platform As A Service) and SaaS (Software As A Service) offerings on Azure Cloud Infrastructure.
- Azure and VMware Virtual Appliances (VMs) architect and implementation to meet security requirements as software based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detection).
- Leveraging “Azure Automation”, opensource tools - Foreman, Ansible and Puppet to automate processes in the Azure Cloud.
- Troubleshooting and resolving production issues on customer's cloud and on-premise full application cluster stack.
- Supporting Developers and Data Scientists by administering Hadoop infrastructure, Source Code(Artifactory-JFROG) and productivity management tools stack Atlassian - Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket.
- Implementing and administering Azure Active Directories and Office 365 for single sign on (SSO), authentication, authorization and Azure Role-based Access Control (RBAC).
- Coordinating with Customers, Developers and stakeholders to understand, analyze and resolve unique application technical challenges.
- Architecting and implementing application identity provider(idP)tenant management process (Auth0) to guarantee network, namespace, service account isolation between different tenants.
- Automating provisioning of application Azure cloud cluster and docker container deployments.
- Managing project planning, control, training and providing technical mentoring to junior members.
- Performing infrastructure incident problem tracking, root cause analysis and knowledgebase creation.
- Maintaining customer relationship by providing product support, training, documentation and updates.
- Collaborating with IT Team and Security/Compliance to provide support.
All Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis as Maana does not provide Visa Sponsorship at this time.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of industry experience developing/supporting production software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in at least one modern configuration management system such as Ansible, Puppet.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting languages such as Python, Bash.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Experience installing and supporting distributed systems.
- Experience with one or more Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Linux production environments.
- Ability to effectively share knowledge and mentor more junior team members.
- Experience in Hadoop or Spark
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Founded in 2012, Maana is a privately held company known as the pioneer of Digital Knowledge Technology. Maana has invented a new way to represent industrial knowledge mathematically, using the patented Maana Computational Knowledge Graph™, at the core of the Maana Knowledge Platform™. This unique innovation enables industrial companies to encode human expertise and data from across silos into digital knowledge to help employees make better and faster decisions. Using the Maana Knowledge Platform, Fortune 500 industrial companies can quickly develop AI-driven Knowledge Applications, that accelerate digitizing decision flows and operations.
In 2017 Maana was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer for enabling the 4th industrial revolution and also by IHS Markit as a CERAWeek 2017 Energy Innovation Pioneer.
See Inside the Office of MAANA
Maana is the pioneer of digital knowledge technology, which optimizes the operations and decision flows of Fortune 500 companies—3 to 10 times faster. The company’s Knowledge Platform combines human know-how with company data to deliver operational recommendations that help employees make better and faster decisions. Maana’s patented Knowledge Graph and AI algorithms create models that reveal relationships within the context of an asset or process companies wish to optimize.
Back to top