Dev. Ops. Engineer (Req.10060)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop expert knowledge of Maana’s business and problem/solution domain.
- Deploy and Maintain the Maana platform for internal development.
- Work closely with Software Development to evolve and maintain existing operations and processes.
- Extend deployment to include new services.
- Improve automation, including writing scripts.
- Manage and script Azure Deployments.
- Configure and manage Gluster, Graylog, Prometheus, Grafana, Redis and RabbitMQ.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Interact with and advise business representatives of the application regarding functional and non-functional requirements.
- Create proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate viability of solutions under consideration
- Have a working knowledge of other architecture disciplines including application, database, infrastructure, and enterprise architecture.
- Identify system integration opportunities.
- Identify and implement best practices, tools and standards.
- Provide consultative support to the IT team for production incidents.
- Drive and support system reliability, availability, scale, and performance activities
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the technology field.
- 2+ years of strong experience with cloud services (Azure preferred).
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS/Azure) including microservices, IaaS, PaaS, and distributed architectures.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as key/value stores and graph databases
- Experience with containers (such as Docker).
- Experience with developer tools and SDKs, VS Code, Eclipse / IntelliJ or other IDEs.
- Experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of network engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model.
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments.
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership.
- Direct, hands-on experience with IT and release management tools.
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as VSTS, Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience with configuration management best practices.
- Good communication skills.
- After hours on-call support occasionally required.
- Using Azure templates for deployment.
- Docker including services and swarm.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Visit us at https://www.maana.io/
Back to top