Strategic Sales Executive
- New York, NY
What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. We combine a strong vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients’ projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
If you are a top sales performer with a love for technology and a consultative selling process, this position is a dream career. Working as part of the sales team in conjunction with our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our clients and gain valuable experience as you sell cutting edge software and deliver to our clients the full spectrum of benefits from Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VD&C) technology and consulting services. Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be on the forefront of today’s latest design and technology trends!
Candidates experienced in software, finance or technology sales (and/or services) with a strong knowledge of the architecture, engineering, construction and owner/ operator industry preferred. Candidates ideally have prior experience in sales leadership.
- Develop and implement strategic goals and tactical planning for assigned sales territory
- Strategically develop new customers
- Maintain, develop, and become a business partner of the key personnel in all customer and prospective accounts
- Develop strong working knowledge of client business processes and common challenges, and how Microdesk products and services can address our clients’ business needs
- Meet and exceed sales volume and gross margin quota expectations
- Oversee all sales activities within defined region
- Assist with development and coordination of marketing initiatives within region
- Track and report weekly on all sales activity within region using CRM and other reporting tools
- Take complete advantage of internal training, research and outside education resources to maintain and continually enhance your knowledge of the industry and the utilization of CRM and other resource management tools
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred,
- Minimum 6 years of sales experience (AEC industry or software technology industry preferred but not required)
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and computer skills
- Demonstrated history of sales success and sales management
- Candidate must be willing to travel within sales territory as needed
- Knowledge of Autodesk and/or other BIM/CAD, GIS, and FM software preferred
- Driver’s License and access to a vehicle required based on travel requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Prior experience in a sales leadership role,
- Skilled in leveraging CRM, lead management and other technical resources,
- Superior presentation skills, business process analysis and listening skills,
- Proficiency in client requirements gathering and technical discovery,
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills,
- Ability to work within dynamic sales environment,
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Microdesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 35% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top