What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. In other words, you’re joining a team that is dedicated to helping our clients leverage technology in innovative ways to build a better world.
- Provide support in Pacific, Mountain or Central Time Zone.
- Supporting BIM initiatives through training, technical support, software deployment, and template and content creation
- Assessing, investigating, and understanding clients’ business needs
- Asserting BIM Industry Best Practices
- Improving designers’ workflows by identifying, demonstrating and integrating AEC technology ecosystem solutions such as Revit, Navisworks, and BIM360
- Working alongside with clients to identify opportunities for improvement and achieving business goals
- Developing technical proposals for implementation of solutions in collaboration with our Business Development & Consulting Services teams
- Delivering engaging, professional in-person and online product demonstrations and software training
- Assisting designers and engineers with Technical Support
- Communicating feedback and recommendations post service delivery
- Growing and maintaining respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and other members of the Microdesk team
- Assisting Microdesk projects, which include 3D modeling, software automation, coordinating clash detection, assembling electronic document handovers, and data-gathering for building owners’ asset management initiatives
Skills & Experience
- At least 5+ years of experience using Autodesk Revit designing or supporting designers in the Architectural discipline
- Demonstrated and recent direct experience with the BIM process, workflow and use of Autodesk Revit and including interoperability with other analysis software from conceptual design through construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent design or BIM management experience
- Professional registration (AIA, RA, etc.) and industry accreditations (LEED AP, etc.) preferred
- Understanding of architectural design process related to building planning, design and construction
You’re a great fit as a Microdesk Consultant if:
- You are tech savvy and like solving problems (i.e. improving workflows, automating repetitive tasks, troubleshooting)
- You are proactive and enjoy learning new software programs
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where every day is different
- You can manage and prioritize multiple clients/projects at the same time
- You are skilled in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
- You work well independently but also in a team-oriented culture
- You enjoy traveling and are comfortable with flexible working situations
- You value a good work-life balance
We offer an enriching environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 35% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer