As a UX Designer, you are a primary driver in defining the future of Lytx product experiences. You are a team player with strong design instincts and outstanding intuition in the user's journey. You conduct user research to test your assumptions and to gain a deep level of user empathy.
You have an uncanny sense for clean design. You are The advocate for the user and you are committed to creating elegant experiences from complex workflows. You take the time to understand the execution side of design as well as the business aspects of the products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop concepts from ideas to final designs by leveraging a broad designer toolkit with minimal supervision. Start with white-boarding, user journeys, user scenarios, personas, and wireframes - to - prototypes and detailed wireframe specs.
- Lead executive stakeholders from early concept brainstorming to a fully baked iterated product with a documented research plan and well proven assumptions.
- Design and execute your own research plans with usability testing, customer interviews, and field visits.
- Create and lead multi-disciplinary workshops with clear follow up execution plans
- Evangelize concepts and designs to a diverse audience, in both ad-hoc and formal presentations. Use design to get broad buy in from your stakeholders and the team.
- Lead by design. Define personas, processes, and journeys from an objective point of view based on research and experience.
- Collaborate daily with product managers, engineers, stakeholders, and other designers. Facilitate a trusting environment where ideas can be freely explored and friendly debate is encouraged.
- Be the user advocate. Provide the team with a base of knowledge about our users with data based personas, user interviews, user journeys, and usability testing.
- Challenge the status-quo and chart new standards. Drive creative thinking, and discover new ways of approaching a problem.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- 4+ years in UX design
- Portfolio of UX focused work samples. Please provide in application. We'd love to see your work!
- Strong understanding of use-cases, user flows, and information architecture
- Demonstrated ability to craft personas, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Job Location San Diego, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top